Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR V1.11 Maintenance Update

Cal  N3CAL
Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
It seems that Flex's software engineers and beta testers have been hard at work getting SmartSDR V2.0 ready for release.  Gerald (K5SDR) recently mentioned that "soon after" V2.0 is released there would also be a SmartSDR V 1.11 maintenance release. I'm  curious how Flex could actually beta test V1.11 if all their beta testers have already gone to  V2.0?    I'm sure there are Flex customers out there that are not upgrading to V 2.0 but look forward to the V1.11 update but I'm concerned about possible issues not being caught?   Any thoughts comments are welcome.

Cal/N3CAL 

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    Easy, you just load 1.11.x software.  It is no different when reverting back to a previous version of the software.  All  existing radios are "licensed" for 1.x
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Cal,
    There is no reason why the Beta testers can't do both. It is only a matter of down loading a different version.
    Dave KB1WOD
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I am sure they will test just like most developers test. They either have multiple radios or will back level the radio and virtual machines or multiple PCs. Flex does Alpha and Release Candidate testing only. They don't do Beta testing. The Alpha team from what I can tell are an intense group running the software through its paces. That said there will always be something that wasn't caught because of a unique setup or not a common way of using the product. That happens with the very big companies like Microsoft, Apple, IBM, etc.

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    We alpha testers can always go back to v1.11.x to test it.  My guess (and it is only a guess, but probably a good one) is that Flex will have us test the v1.11.x release before turning it loose on the customers. -- 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    That is for certain.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'm sorry,  in my original post I meant to write "alpha testers" not "beta".  Hopefully the V1.11 software will be as great if not better than what we currently have.   A special thank you goes out to all current Alpha Testers for all the hard work they do!   It's all part of the fantastic Flex Customer Support! 

73 de Cal/N3CAL
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    the maintenance release is going to be very similar to the initial 2.0 release minus smartlink and a few other things. But once 2.0 is released I suspect that the dev team will send us the 1.11 maintenance build with a specific list of items to test.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Ria, you are correct.  Also, we are planning to wait until we get sufficient feedback from the public release of v2 before proceeding with v1.11 since it will be branched from a common code base.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.