Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink internet data usage.

Paul Burton
Paul Burton Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Can anyone advise how many MB/hour of internet data will be incurred using SmartLink with one panadapter and slice running?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2019
    Depends on the width of the pan adapter and the display framerates.  The default setting consumes about 2 Mbps.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    You can experiment with this right now using Maestro.  In the Maestro Menu go to the Network tab and note the data rates.  Go back and reduce the frame rates of the spectrum and waterfall and observe what it does to the data rate.  You can take it all the way down to one frame per second and the data rate will be very low.
  • Paul Burton
    Paul Burton Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for the info.  I was just wondering if it would be practical to connect via cell phone service without wiping out my monthly data allotment.  It would be interesting to see a curve of data rate versus refresh rate for a typical setup.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    Depends on what your monthly allotment is.  If you shut down the panadapter and waterfall, you can get data rates in the 100kbps range.
  • Paul Burton
    Paul Burton Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Thanks, Tim.
  • Adde Tjernberg
    Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    If all bells ans whistles are enabled... full usage of DAX... how much data will a 6400 resp 6600 use? 73 de Adde
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi comrades, when I put my contest station running for stby a couple of hours with minimum update and frame rate I end up with about 0.5 Mkbit/s. This with two slices. Running SO2R with two slices consumed about 7 Gbyte after 11 hours of operation. Higher frame and update rate.
  • Mark - W0QL
    Mark - W0QL Member ✭✭
    My data usage for my remote station from Sept 22, 2022 to today (Oct 5, 2022) according to my ISP is 55GB.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.