Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need help with SSDR and CWskimmer de k1dw

Dallas k1dw
Dallas k1dw Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

There is a problem with my CW Skimmer, DAX  Control and SmartSDR.   All the CAT connections seem to work.   However the DAX I/Q  signals into CW skimmer does not line up with the SSDR slice.  According to the DAX instructions the DAX center frequency determines the center frequency of the  I/Q path to the CW Skimmer. 

Maybe a demo via Teamviewer would be a better way to explain my  problem.   If you can help,  contact me off line at K1DW@aol.com

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi Dallas,

The centre frequency of the panadapter is the centre frequency on skimmer. There is also an issue of resolution. CW skimmer via SDR-bridge uses telnet commands and this only gives you 0.1kHz of resolution. 

But if you're having larger discrepancies than that I'd like to see.

Ria
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I seem to always have this same issue.  Part of it for me is screen resolution as well.  Since CW skimmer paints vertically and my monitors are more wide and vertical I often cannot see the full Dax I/Q vertically.  So things are always off for me.  IE to get my slice to be centered in my height impaired skimmer window I have to have my slide down near the bottom 1/3 of my pan adapter.

I have in the past turned one monitor vertical then I get better results.
  • Dallas k1dw
    Dallas k1dw Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Thanks for the help and direction to try SDRBridge.  I had tried it before but no luck. It worked this time, super great. The quick answers really did the trick..  TNX agn  .  73 de Dallas k1DW

• Tony C kc2dis
    Tony C kc2dis Member
    edited November 2019
    I see all the compatibility issues haven't been worked out yet... Good to know.. I will wait for a couple of iterations before I spend the 75 dollars on cw skimmer I came close this past weekend
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    At this point I would wait. Alex is working on a brand new version. However I really don't have any issues.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.