Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using the API without the SmartSDR program

Jason Walther
Jason Walther Member
edited August 2017 in SmartSDR API
Does anyone know if the API can be used to control a 6700 without having the SmartSDR app running? Also, is it possible to play an audio stream of a slice through my app? (I want to record 2 slices and embed some other data in the recording). The API appears to connect fine without SmartSDR running, it looks as if I just need to do a few more steps to get the slice to play to a destination port, or there is a streaming facility in the API? Is there any documentation on how this is done? Thanks

Answers

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Jason,

Yes, you can use the API to control the radio whether the client is running or not.  In fact, the client itself uses to API to talk to the radio. 

73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Yes to both questions.

You have the ability to write a complete SmartSDR replacement using the API and other lower-level ethernet API commands.

To get audio you need to look at Opus stuff.   You can also setup Dax audio out and assign it to a slice and open one of the Dax audio outputs.

And if you feel like a challenge you can use the I/Q stream which you can assign to a panadapter and get a very wide stream of data.  Conversion is required to make it meaningful.
  • Jason Walther
    Jason Walther Member
    edited June 2017
    Excellent. That's where I want to go with this. Is there any code examples around?
  • Jim Shaffer
    Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Jason, I have a stand-alone client to control my Flex 6300.  However, my client does not process any audio from the radio.  I'd be glad to help you if I canl

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.