Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Too smart for it's own good...

Ron K2RAS
Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
I use slice A to listen for signals and use slice B on the panadapter tied to FLDigi to transmit digital modes.  Every time I 'Move Slice B Here' from another band to transmit, slice B is un-muted (I don't want to listen to the slice, only transmit on it).  In addition, if I click the TX flag in slice B it mutes slice A and un-mutes slice B (requiring me to re-mute B and un-mute A).

This quite annoying as I do a lot of digital work with FLDigi.  Are there any better ways to handle this workflow?

Thanks, Ron
K2RAS

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Sound like a function of frstack, are you running it?
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I had Frstack installed but haven't used it in a long time.  I uninstalled Frstack and it appears that the 'move slice' is no longer is a problem.  However, clicking the TX flag on either slice (if it is turned off) still un-mutes slice B.

Ron
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    This may be to simple of a solution if i am understanding correctly but how about turn the volume slider off on the slice you want to stay muted and then it shouldn't mater if it un mutes.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    FRStack being installed will not affect the radio unless it is running and connected to the radio; Further the MUTE & follow the active slice features are Turned ON / OFF via "Radios" menu item. Larry's suggestion to set the FLDIGI slice's volume to 0 will prevent you from hearing FLDIGI. Hope this information helps. 73
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Well turning down the volume on slice B will solve part of the problem.  Unfortunately I can see that the 'move slice here' is still a problem.  Can anyone else duplicate this?  I am running v 1.10.16.91 on a 6500.

Thanks, Ron
  • WV9L
    WV9L Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Same on mine. I do the same with jt65 running on B.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    Are you certain that you are not running any other application that could be interacting with the radio other than CAT and DAX for the digital mode application?
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I run SDR-Bridge (for CW-Skimmer) and Omni-Rig (for Log4OM).  I isolated the problem to SDR-Bridge, if it is turned off the slice mute does not respond to the TX flag.

Upon testing I found the following combinations.

1.  Both slices muted - clicking either TX on A or B un-mutes slice B
    2.  Both slices un-muted - clicking either TX on A or B mutes slice A
    3.  Only slice B muted - clicking TX on either slice flips the mute status on both slices

Feel free to contact me for further clarification.  Tim, any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks, Ron
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    It isn't a problem with SDR-Bridge; it is one of its features.
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ok, I solved the issue.  It is the 'Mute all but active slice' flag in SDR-Bridge.  When the flag is off, the radio is not too smart for it's own good...

Tim, thanks for the hint.

Ron

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.