Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there no eight pin Foster type mic connector option for the 6400M? How will I use my Heil xlr mic

Michael Blaine
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
No Foster mic connector for 6400 series?

Answers

• N5LB - Lionel
    N5LB - Lionel Member
    edited June 2017
    I usually make an adapter cable, XLR to whatever.  I have several for using my Heil on several different rigs with different mic connectors.  Cheap solution. 
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I have a lot of different mics, and different connectors on their ends. Have either pigtail box or an adapter for all of them.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    That is correct.  The radio uses a 1/8" TRS pseudo balanced mic input.  There are a plethora of adapters you can buy or make one.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Can a 1/8" TS unbalance plug be used on the mic input? This is typical connector in Heil Headset for the Mic.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    Yes.  Refer to the New Product FAQ for additional product details.
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/new_products_faq_v1-2-pdf/
  • Homer1952
    Homer1952 Member
    edited February 2018
    Tim, Where can I find the Foster pin assignments for the Flex pigtail that I ordered for my 6400M?  Wonder if it matches one of the Big 3 radios?
    Thanx Bob W8RMV
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    yaesu
  • Homer1952
    Homer1952 Member
    edited February 2018
    Thank you, Larry.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.