Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to trade in a radio and reserve a radio at the same time. Do they call before shipping the new u

Richard Kemp
Richard Kemp Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I filled out the page to trade in my 6300 for a 6400M. Matt emailed me back and said that they don't have the trade in prices set yet. He suggested that i reserve the 6400M and get on the list. So I did reserve the 6400M using the reservation page on there website. But what happens next? When the new radio becomes available will they contact me with a trade in price before shipping the new radio. It just seems like everything is backwards. I don't want them to ship the new radio before I have a chance to decide if I want to trade in my 6300. I guess I should call Matt on Monday so he can answer my questions. But in the meantime, does anyone know how this process works?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My understanding is that FRS will not ship your new radio before final payment arrangements are made. Those would include any trade-in credits from your old rig. 

If history is any guide, you will have the option to cancel your pre-order up to the time it ships. Last time around, I got a call several days before shipping confirming payment, accessories, and shipping means. They did a great job getting things out.
  • Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    FWIW, I traded in my 6500 a few months ago for a 6700, and Matt was great. I had a ton of questions and he patiently answered all of them. The process was very smooth, and I got a very fair trade in value on my 6500. For me, since the 6700 was available right away, they shipped the 6700 immediately and charged my cc full price. I boxed up the 6500 and sent it off, FRS then credited my cc as soon as they got it. Very easy. 

Also, the 6700 went on sale for a couple of hundred dollars off regular price a few weeks after I bought mine. I contacted Matt and they gave me a credit for the sale amount towards my PGXL order. :-) 

I have been very impressed with FRS customer service on the sales side. I have not had to work with the service side (knock on wood), hopefully I won't have to hi hi 

• M1tanker64
    M1tanker64 Member
    edited May 2017
    Consider selling it yourself as there are a lot of folks like me who would like to step up to the 6300 or 6500 but without the budget of a new 6400/M. I suspect that the new 6400 will depress the used market as well. I am following this.
  • Richard Kemp
    Richard Kemp Member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks guys, i now have a much clearer idea of how the process works. Thanks Again Rick
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Guys,

@Richard - I have started working on the program and plan to have it put together next week. Despite not having all of the details finalized I can tell you that there will be an option to keep your radio until the new one is available. 

If anyone is looking for a trade in offer please send me an email or use the following link so that I can get you in my queue for an offer:
    http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/purchase-programs/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.