Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

For sale - Flex 6500LE

SteveM
SteveM Member
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

This is the limited edition, so if I understand correctly, it's all set for a v2.x upgrade ($200 value). I've got it in a rack, so you'll get the brackets ($70 new) and original inserts, as well. The radio is like new and used very little. I would say, on average, I used it once per month and usually just for SWL. If you are seriously interested, I can pull it out of the rack and take pictures of all sides and email them to you.

$3100.

Thank you,

Steve - K1ZH

Answers

• SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited May 2017

You can contact me through QRZ, or directly at:

stevem at innovsys dot com

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi Steve, You might want to check since I believe limited editions only get the free upgrade if the original owner owns it. If this is incorrect I apologize. Good luck.
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited May 2017

Hmm, how would that be enforced? If that is the case, then I would discount the price further by $200. Either way, I'm offering the upgrade. Thanks, Ria.

Edit:

This is an excerpt from the New Hardware FAQ:

"If you own an original Limited Edition version of the FLEX-6500 and FLEX-6700 you will receive a free upgrade to v2.x. The Limited Edition designation is shown under the front panel model number and will have the signatures of the design team on the bottom of the radio."

Apparently, Ria, I understand this statement differently than you. It doesn't say you need to be the original owner but, rather, the "Limited Edition version" must be original. Whatever that is supposed to mean.

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I had checked (about a year ago) if a second owner was entitled to the free update on a Limited Edition with Gerald and was told "YES".  I assume that is still the same.
  • Manuel Maseda
    Manuel Maseda Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I was also told the upgrade was tied to the LE radio and would transfer to any future owner. This is different from their warranty policy.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I stand corrected! That is good news then, since people can have a better chance at selling their radios since it will get 2.0 for free.
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    So Steve can I trade you my 11 month old 6500 for your 6500LE? Lol!
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited May 2017

You know what Rory? I'm so sick of it that if you were standing in front of me with your radio, I just might do it for the **** of it. However, in reality, I don't think it would be worth it for you to pay 2-way shipping.

• SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited May 2017
    Price includes shipping/insurance.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    They do
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2017
    The license is associated with the radio, not the owner.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2017
    The warranty is for hardware only.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.