Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

hardware release

Harald Waltisberg
edited April 2020 in Maestro
Is this really serious that perhaps the Maestro is only available again in September ..... I wait now since last October on my Maestro which I have since paid.
That is just ridiculous

Answers

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    My guess is it doesn't work right yet. No industry parts shortages and plenty of board stuffing houses in Austin. Sort of like talking about V2 of the software for years. I think they need to take a breath and get their priorities in order.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    As Harald HB9TRH is likely buying from a EU based distributor I am wondering what they have told him when he asks? I'd think you've followed up along the way? Exports are particularly less straight forward than domestic sales. Reverse direction but I had some prepaid 4o3a gear held up because US Customs for several months this last year. Ditto with a personal import from SP7IDX - held at customs for four months! @Craig - not certain where your guess comes from, as have three Maestros in use, one daily on most of the time, since they came out. Any basis for your speculation? The FRS team is off to Hamvention as one would anticipate will be some of the EU distribution folk, so FRS might not get a reply off to you until next week. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I own Flex gears for many years and have had NO ISSUES.
    My only problem were cause by not following instructions: Or not keeping Windows software up to date.
    Bad language or insults are not necessary to express your feelings either. 

• spopiela
    spopiela Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I have ro agree with you. Keep life simple and just update and follow the rules! I have had no major issues in owning a 6300 and 6500. Both great radios ! Unfortunately, you may often have routers and modems in between the mike and the transmitter and the radio and the display. All of which are out of Flex control! Stan N1THL
  • Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have had my order in the queue and paid for the Maestro since December. I can understand the issues with suppliers and what can happen. But what bothers me is that Flex has posted the "due to high demand" caveat when trying to buy a Maestro until the last week or so when they probably had a pretty good idea this was going to be something more. So they continued to take orders knowing that it could be a big issue. Somewhere I remember seeing info that said it was a parts out of spec problem but the whole issue was not posted in their "buy" link. I do not particularly care about political correct posts as people get frustrated. I only wish we are kept informed about what is going on. Maybe that is not good for business at the time but in the long run it might prevent some of these comments. I am a huge Flex supporter and want them to succeed in every way and **** the doors off the competition. I hate seeing negative posts. I agree that we need to see current problems given the utmost attention and there are a number of current issues that need to rise to the top.
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hi  more likely that for got decent  "price" need to build in in batch. 
    and need to wait to have some order for start a new batch + waiting for lead timed part  

if you build 500 instead of 100 unit that may change cost of 30%or more
    i no sure that flex may put hundred of radio and maestro upfront on the storage shelve
    and it for sure not viable to build in less that 100 unit

same for SPE ,inovantenna , StepIR  ,and most other ,shipping delay was quite long 

• Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Gerald with you very candid assessment of the problems involved with the Maestro. None of the major manufacturers of ham radio equipment would have done the same. I would not want your job or the responsibilities and headaches like you must have to deal with on a day to day basis. I am sure you also get a lot of good feed back. My major concern was your point number 13. Every one that ordered a Maestro or was contemplating an order should have been more informed as to what was going on. With Hamvention almost here there is a lot of excitement as to what new products might be announced and that  is great. But as you know there is also a lot of concern over problems that still exist in the current SSDR release like the lockups and a few other issues.  I  really do not hear much from Flex on what is being done to solve these issues or even any acknowledgement that Flex takes ownership to the problem. I am rambling, hope the best for Hamvention and I am looking forward to the AMP ....and .....fixes for current issues with SSDR...and 2.0

Harry
    W0LS

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    WOW! I stand corrected. 
  • Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    The very fact that Flex's management will take the time to answer such a concern with the full story on short notice and with the pressures of Dayton before them is a major part of what makes them stand out in such a positive light. Thanks for the effort and understand why it was important. Have a great show! Watts K4QJZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.