Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How are the owners of Limited Edition be notifiy?

Ernest
Ernest Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
How are we the owner of "Limited Editions" going to be notify of our eligibility?
And how is it going to be distribute? 
Will this be at the same time it is released in Dayton?
Or if we attend the Dayton Convention and we have the proper ID are we able to get it there?
Any other way or hint on this subject?

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017

I was wondering the same thing, and, also, if I own one limited edition and one that isn't, will the software be useable on both radios?

Jim, K6QE

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

@Ernest - you are just like me, wanting to shake the presents trying to figure out what is in them before it is time to open them.

Expect we will get told as they have our radio records.

Officially no imminent launch has been announced and there are not as many "tells" that software will launch before FRS returns home from Xenia.

If you need your ID checked, I can do it if you check mine in return <GRIN> but I am guessing we all get to wait until sometime after 5 PM EDT Thursday when the FRS first 2017 Banquet takes place,

Steve K9ZW

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Last time I asked that (I have the same situation, and then have uneven numbers of prepurchased further updates) I was told "TBD"

Steve K9ZW

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Oh, you guys. I'm gonna sneak in the closet and check the presents, now. Exciting days!! Ernest, if I get any word, will share it with you.
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The V2.0 software won't 'drop' until June, as noted on the announcement.
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    George .... I will be waiting..LOL
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    That.s only 2 weeks away. Hi
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    And lasts for over 4 weeks beyond that point. HiHi
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

NOT OFFICIAL... but likely the update software will look at the serial number of your radio to determine if it is one of the signature series radios entitled to a free V2.0 or one of the prepaid units.

Everything seems to connect to the radio's internal serial number.

Flex already has a registration server operating for V2.0 for the show... V2.0 will likely be released in June as soon as it is fully debugged (No software is ever fully debugged)

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Howard!
    You are the source too... 
  • Frank  WA3NHK
    Frank WA3NHK Member
    edited May 2017
    What announcement? Did I miss the memo?
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    They were looking for you but you were not present so Flex is forwarding your up grade to me...Har
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    A few points of clarification. 1.) SmartSDR 2.x is NOT being released before June. We still have some work to,do on it before we do a general release. 2.) We only announced and described SmartLink, a key feature in SmartSDR 2.x. it is working well enough in its alpha state that we will be demonstrating it at the Hamvention this coming weekend baring any issues with the hardest supplied internet access 3.) When we get closer to the release date of SmartSDR, we will be sharing a lot more information about how the licensing will work and answer specifically questions about the free upgrade with the Limited Edition radios and for those who have already purchased a software upgrade. We fully appreciate and understand everyone's excitement surrounding the upcoming release of SmartSDR v2.x, but we ask for a little patience for a little while longer while we finalize everything.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.