Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JT65 DX DL-ZL with 10 watts under the current CONDX with Flex 6500 and ECO frame antenna!

DH2ID
DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Living in a flat in a high-density area here at Karlsruhe/Germany I have to keep
my radiated power down, as my antennas are located 3 to 5 mtrs from my shack
on my balcony.

I have two of them, an endfed BB-6W wire antenna for 80 to 6mtrs and an ECO
frame antenna for 30 to 10mtrs. These antennas radiate some HF after my LDG
AT-1000 tuner and some filters, but not much, as they are influenced by a lot
of concrete and steel.

Ever since I got my first licence in 1982 I have been fascinated with digital modes
and I started with RTTY and FAX, using mechanical machines. Later I did a lot
of satellite work and went on to CW, PSK31 and other digital modes.

I never have had much success with my antennas until I got my Flex 6500.
Now I can't live without a waterfall display and all the superb functions for
digital modes FlexRadio provides. 

My success this morning: 18686km = 11610mi to ZL South Island on 30mtrs.

Thank you and 73,

Alex - DH2ID

Comments

• Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hi Alex
    I also have a modest antenna setup for my travel trailer when RVing south Texas Feb- April.
    I use a flex 6500 and Little Tarheel II Antenna see QRZ page. With that setup this year have worked 46 states, All continents & about 40 countries and about 350 digital contacts. Yes  JT65&9 are quite efficient even when bands are bad- worked E51Wl one of those bad days unfortunately he doesn't use LOTW.  Keep doing what you are doing and experiment with other antennas. Check out WSPR net
    Bob KC9RF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.