Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10 version 1703

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
My PC accidentally rebooted and upgraded from 1607 to 1703 and it broke DAX drivers and forced m to revert to 1607.   If you use Windows 10, you'd better defer the upgrade.  Upgrade and revert process takes time.

Comments

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    You can try the last posting by N3CAL in this thread: 

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/windows-10-update-strikes-again?topic-reply-list%5B...

or deinstall and reinstall the latest SSDR version.

Reverting to an earlier Win10 version is only a short-term measure, as Win10 will update again.

This is Cal's official response:

"...Following Flex Support Advise all I had to do was repair the FlexVSP program.  Under installed programs you right click on FlexVSP and select repair..."

73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I tried deinstall/reinstall several times, but it did not help.  Also, CAT worked OK in my case.  It was DAX and in some case it looked OK at installation, but it gives "Driver error" when SmartSDR is started and  connected to Flex6XXX.

73, Ken - JI1BNU/JA2IYJ

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Not that it helps you with your problem, but I've had no problem running the Windows 10 1703 update here. Everything worked fine before and after the update.  
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Ken, did you try to repair FlexVSP as described above?
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I experienced numerous  issues with the upgrade to 1703 and eventually did a clean install.  All of my apps had to be re-installed.  Then FlexVSP had to be installed and repaired one more time before it became stable.  No issues with DAX.  No error messages at W10 install. 

Just what a "clean install" of W10 means is unclear to me and I suspect some registry entries remain orphaned.   Nevertheless, it seems to have done the trick.  Ah, the ol'days - format C, so last century. 

I burned my boat on the beach - deleted 1607 revert. 

I have had one 6300 lock up since, corrected by SD of SSDR and restart of SSDR.  Some proficiency in using Event Viewer seems like it might be useful - I am at the bottom staring up at a steep hill, but still. 

I have always allowed W10 updates and only been burned once by a reboot.

This computer is dedicated to SSDR and some other ham apps and all unneeded apps uninstalled (to the extent that MS will allow). 

Clean install seems important.

W10x64 
    SSDR 1.10.16.174
    AMD A10

• LarryF
    LarryF Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi all,

Just a comment.  Tried updating to 1703 with no luck.  Tried different setups and deleting different drivers still no go.  Have to stay with 1607 for now. 

Larry
    ke2yc
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I have just adopted the habit of uninstalling and reinstalling SmartSDR and components after every W10 update. 
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    My system wouldn't take 1703 either. It was also an unplanned upgrade, as I've so far been able to defer them until I have everything shut down. Don't know if it was related to the update or not, but at the same time, something happened to my 6500, which was running at the time, that caused it to crowbar my power supply., and the spare supply I tried next. The 6500 is on the bench in Austin as we speak. Windows-wise, I finally got it to revert to 1607 and will stay there for the foreseeable future.
  • Bob Kozlarek
    Bob Kozlarek Member
    edited April 2017
    No problem here with the last update I just made sure that the flex software was not running.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2017
    If the problem persists, I highly recommend that you open a HelpDesk support ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) so we can investigate this issue further.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.