Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power genius XL on 2 meters?

Ria
Ria Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
From here: http://www.4o3a.com/index.php/2017/03/13/the-bouvet-island-dxpedition-3yoz/ We are sponsoring the Bouvet Island DXpedition scheduled in early 2018. Bouvet is a 97% ice covered island in South Atlantic Ocean covering about 19 square miles. Read more about this amazing DXpedition on their webpage: http://www.bouvetdx.org/ The DXpedition will showcase the new 4O3A Signature Power Genius 1.5 KW VHF Amplifier. This amplifier will enable the EME team to deliver full legal limit output into a 2 meter EME antenna array. So does this amp have 2m as an option? Or is this a special edition just for the DXpedition?

Answers

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Quite interesting note Ria, thank you  for update, may be special editiam with F6700?
     is anybody know about that ?
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hitching a ride, I'm curious too

Thanks Ria
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    The expert 1.3k goes to 4m,it would be a matter of filtration to get to 2m. So it might be doable with slight modification.
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The devices used in the HF-6 version are specified to 500 MHz, so I'm guessing that the "Power Genius 1.5 KW VHF Amplifier" is a re-configured 2-meter-only lash up that might be able to include 222 MHz, but probably 2-meters only.  Would be pretty easy to do by only changing the RF networks to the typical VHF coax transformers and leaving out all the different lowpass filter banks required for HF use.  Here's a look at different examples for different frequencies:  http://www.nxp.com/products/rf/rf-power-transistors/rf-broadcast-and-ism/1-600-mhz-broadcast-and-ism... 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I want to build a LDMOS amp that is driven direct by the 6700. It's not hard. Just one or two pallets, combiner, a small driver stage and filters, switching and protection circuits. And of course a PS.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I wonder if they will be able to produce full legal 2M output hooked direct to the Flex 6700 XTVR port with it low level RF output or if they will use a intermediate amp like the DEMI 2MLDPA.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Reading the EME page for the DXpedition it appears DEMI is supplying two 2MLDPA's to the team so that answers my question.
  • Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Ria, have a look st W6PQL who has kits for 1KW amps. They are very easy to assemble
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    That's exactly where I did most of my research. :)
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi Ria  if it may help 

W6PQL  RF-DECK  and low pass filter 

i use this board whit 5db attenuator at input for drive the BLF188xr
    http://www.minikits.com.au/electronic-kits/rf-amplifiers/rf-high-power/2m-8W-Amplifier

and finally a home made Arduino DUE based controller and protection board
    whit Ethernet  for link to radio (soft ALC etc etc ...)  ,display is a 4D system intelligent display  

on 120V outlet i put 650W  ,1250w whit  240V

IMD was not the best but meed the regulation ,primary cause by hight gain and from  the  pre-driver board 

i have same for HF ;-)

73!  Marc L.  VE2OLM

imageimage

• philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    That is a separate model. Ranko has been talking about this for some time.. You can also look into Larcan commercial TV amps that have been pulled from service.

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I remember seeing this. Very good. Yes this is a hobby project for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.