Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

More than one antenna per band using BIT cables

Ria
Ria Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in New Ideas
Based on this:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/remote-antenna-switch?utm_source=notification&u...

It would be nice to enable user selection of Bit lines via dropdown or on the Maestro instead of tying them to a band or frequency range.

I'm thinking that the antenna selection could be configured as ANT1-A, ANT1-B, C, D etc and each one could trigger a different Bit line or could send a command to an ethernet or serial connected switch. This way one can have more than one antenna selectable per band via an external antenna switch. 
7 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Sounds like a good idea to me.  Perhaps FRS will put this idea in their que.
  • Simon Lambert
    Simon Lambert Member
    edited April 2017
    Good Idea Miss Ria!!!
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes.  I would like to see the BIT cable feature exposed in the interface so that I can override the automatic selection (which I use, most of the time) and manually select an antenna.

If I were writing the software, I would give serious consideration to extending this to the BCD interface as well.  Provide a manual override that allows the user to select a "band" that would appear on a BCD cable and drive an antenna switch.  

Best of both worlds.  Thanks Ria.
  • Jason NR0X
    Jason NR0X Member
    edited April 2017
    Yes, yes, and more yes!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.