Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has the Flex 1500 been discontinued?

N7CXI
N7CXI Member ✭✭
edited August 2018 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
Has the 1500 been discontinued?  I've been away from the Flex community for a while, and when I visited the main website this morning I didn't find it. Of course there are days I can't find my glasses because they're sitting on my nose...

Thanks,
Jim N7CXI

Answers

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The 1500, 3000 and the 5000 are discontinued, although there may be some still being sold in emporiums.
  • N7CXI
    N7CXI Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thanks, John.

I was aware the 3000 and 5000 had been discontinued, but the last time I checked the 1500 was still being sold. 

I suppose the old adage holds, "you snooze, you lose".

Jim N7CXI

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2017
    Jim - Yes the production of the FLEX-1500 has ended as of the first of this month.  However, the radio hardware and tech support for the FLEX-1500 is still ongoing.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202530768-Support-Status-for-the-FLEX-5000-FLEX-300....
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Looks like there are some Certified - Pre-Owned for sale on the Flex web site.

but yep - technology marches on - and I am sure when sales drop below so many a year, its time to stop the production line.

My shack is pretty much all discontinued radios - but I try to keep them all running for at least 10 years too.  The Flex is the newest at 3 years old. 

Cheers

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

Doesn't seem to show on the website - imagine that the parts supply is now depreciated.

Someday we may see a 1500 replacement perhaps? 

Steve K9ZW

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Is there a replacement ? Like all-mode with vhf and UHF built in?

2 SCU's for cross banding ufh to hf ? oh the dreams...:)

Had fun with the kenwood ts-2000 that way.

• Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    That would be a really nice radio.

But I would like, before they start building any more hardware, to finalize version 1 of SSDR.

Cheers and a pint to sip

• Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I had my 1500 for 5 years.  Great radio and sad to see it's out of production but such is the way the world works :-(
    I like my 6300 even better though hihi

---Gary

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.