Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer SDR Bridge Problem

W9WLX_Chuck
W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a 6500 at 1.10.8 beta running CW Skimmer 1.8.3.350 with SDR Bridge 1.5.1 on Windows 10.  I seem to have everything working, but there is an issue with the waterfall frequency on CW Skimmer.

All frequencies sync and follow--the slice receiver, SDR Bridge and the TX frequency on CW Skimmer.  If I set the TX frequency on skimmer to the center frequency of the DAX IQ stream, it works as expected.  However, if I change the slice frequency, off the center stream frequency, it shifts in the opposite direction.  For example, if my center stream frequency is 7.020 and I double click on a station at 7.022 on the Skimmer waterfall, the slice receiver will follow and go to 7.022, however the station is really at 7.018.

I tried changing the CW sideband on the Phone/CW tab in Radio Setup, but it made no difference.  Any ideas what I may have set incorrectly?

Chuck-W9WLX

Answers

• W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I've resolved the problem.  In the CW Skimmer application, I had to swap the I/Q channels.  Once I made the change, the waterfall on CW Simmer was in sync with the Flex's panadapter.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Chuck,
    Is this the setting you changed in the snapshot below?    The Arrow points to the correct setting and I assume you had the Q/I selection set.  Is that correct?  If so I'll add the symptom and fix to the next version of the troubleshooting notes.  They are available on the SDR-Bridge site and my web page:

http://www.nn4zz.com/Data/NN4ZZ%20CwSkimmer%20Bridge%20setup%2018-Feb-2016.pdf

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    SSDR / DAX / CAT/ 6700 -  V 1.10.16
    Win10

• W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yes, this is the setting.  The default when I installed CW Skimmer was Q/I and it needs to be I/Q.  I had not found the support document when I was initially configuring and I was using the trial and error method!
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Chuck,
    Thanks, I updated my setup and troubleshooing guide with your notes and the solution.  The new version is dated 25-Mar-2017 and posted to my web page.    See page 25. 

http://www.nn4zz.com/FLEX6700.htm  in the QuickLinks section or directly at:

http://www.nn4zz.com/Data/NN4ZZ%20CwSkimmer%20Bridge%20setup%2025-Mar-2107.pdf

I also sent a copy to Ed (SDR-Bridge author) to update his SDR-Bridge web page when he gets a chance.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    SSDR / DAX / CAT/ 6700 -  V 1.10.16
    Win10

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.