Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I force SmartSDR CAT to connect to particular radios?

Options
K9SO
K9SO Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I operate 6500's at two different sites and use SmartSDR CAT for various functions. Is there  any way to force SmartSDR CAT to connect to a particular site without completely shutting down one of the stations?

I'd like to keep both stations powered up at the same time (to avoid the long boot times) but when I do that, I don't seem to be able to connect CAT to the one I want. 

Fred
K9SO

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

I had the same problem. To mickey mouse around it, I have computers at both remote sites. I use one remote computer to bring up SmarSDR and connect to the other radio directly using OpenVPN. I then, use Teamviewer to operate them simultaneously from my client site. At the remote sites I use the Asus 88U router as it can configured in the TAP mode for OpenVPN.

Jim, K6QE

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Fred,

Here is an article on using the filter.txt file.  I'm not sure if this will suite your needs completely but it's worth a read?    The filter.txt file will allow to force a specific PC to connect to a specific radio and this includes DAX and SmartSDR CAT too. 

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202549169-How-to-prevent-multiple-FLEX-6000s-from-s...

73 de Cal/N3CAL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.