Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Where can I find the "bug tracker" database?

DH1RK
DH1RK Member ✭✭
Hello,
during the conversation "Other side band not properly suppressed" Tim, W4TME, mentioned to add an issue to the bug tracker e.g. (#4544).

Is there an link or a registration available to follow the issues?

Also I would like search through it, before I will raise a problem...

Ruediger

Answers

• NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It is not publically available.  It is accessible only by employees of the company.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Dave you statement is true but partly:

All SW releases .doc consist list of TR's what solved in the current release,
    means question quite reasonable.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It's not even accessible to alpha testers.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I brought this idea up a few years ago and Steve addressed it along with the reasons / issues for NOT opening it up with all of the detail.    Creating a summary report would be possible but that take a lot of time/effort.  The idea was "not planned" which makes sense for  those reasons.  Here is the idea and Steve's reply. 

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/bug_tracker_report_the_official_and_comprehensive_l...

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    SSDR / DAX / CAT/ 6700 -  V 1.10.16
    Win10 
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Ria this is not a blocking point but just a question BTW it can be helpfull to make SW more qualitative involved HAMs for tests ? Today in any way we have communinity but search for dedicated issues a bit hard.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Thank you All for remind , btw quit reasonable answer by Steve.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Part of the reason is that it is one huge database, that is called the "bug tracker" for short, but is a conglomerate list of known bugs, reported issues, possible problems, enhancement requests, popular feature "dreams" etc. As issues are raised, they are given a number, many of them whether or not there is proof that there is a genuine bug or defect. But it gives the company a reference when discussing various issues. This list is internal to the company management, engineers and programmers. Some numbers are shared on the community or among the Alpha Team in order that 1) people raising issues in the community or Alpha Team can know that the issues are being discussed and the Alphas and Engineers can have a common reference. Releasing the whole list would be a public relations nightmare because much of the list is merely desires and dreams, as well as unsubstantiated complaints awaiting either confirmation or refutation. And a great many of the items on the list have been consolidated, addressed, rejected, elevated or demoted. Releasing this list publically would quickly become a source of confusion, or ammunition by those who do not understand the complex issue tracking used by the FRS team. My two cents.... I do not have a copy of the list, nor am I employed by FRS. So my statement has no official status other than my own opinion. Ken - NM9P
  • DH1RK
    DH1RK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I can agree and also disagree. As a software engineer I know the defect tracking ... But how can I follow e.g. issue #4544 ?? As a user, I don't know when the fix is planned, how it's rated... Same is true for an issue reported to help desk and then moved to the bug tracker.... I believe that the Configuration Manager will do the job, but a little bit more transparency would be welcome. I think this is state of the art, that "customers" will be informed about the progress/planning of bugfixing of "their" reported issue... Now I have to remember the issue number and perhaps have to track more as one release note... Just raise the question to think about the handling... Thank you all for the information. 73, Ruediger
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    A bug tracking database has all sorts of sensitive info in it - open security vulnerabilities and intellectual property, primarily.  It will also contain details of unreleased features that you do not want open to the public.

Release notes and version history are appropriate for the end user, as they contain summaries that are filtered for the public and don't contain  sensitive data. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.