Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Satpc32 and SmartSDR interference

dlwarnberg
dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Does anyone else see this issue?

I discovered last night that when I turn on control (C+) in Satpc32 to control both slices that I get interference, you can see it and hear it on the radio.. anyone else seeing this?

Puzzled as to how a program sending commands to a virtual COM port (two of them) would cause interference on the Radio? 

Answers

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    So testing this morning, it's even worse then that.. just starting Satpc32 causes it.. top, receive slice, satpc on in, then turned off.. you can clearly see the line.

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Tested HRD Satellite Tracking.. it doesn't do it..
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I believe I found part of the issue, the USB cable from the Computer to the Rotor Control box (ERC-USB installed inside) seems to be emitting the interference, moved the cable and put the last feritte choke on the computer end of the USB cable and it seems to have diminished quite a bit..

Anyone have a good place to purchase ferrite chokes for USB cables??  hihi

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.