Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no sound in the headphones

Dave KD5FX
Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
Very strange, turned on my 6300 this morning and I'm not getting any audio in the headphones. Good sound in the external speakers. The headphone icon in the top right corner is not muted, the volume control for it is all the way up. 
So, I shutdown the SSDR software (Ver. 1.10.16), the 6300 and started them back up while wearing the headphones. I heard a blip in the phones as it came on, another blip when the s/w came on as I selected the 6300 and then silence. It's like something in the s/w is muting the phones. 
I looked all over the settings but didn't find anything. HELP!!

Answers

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Did you by any chance happen to be switching between SSB and FM or NFM?  Just curious as I have run into an issue where when in FM or NFM and setting a SQL setting, then flipping ot SSB (doing SAT work) the squelch setting seems to still be acting and suppressing all sounds.  Have not narrowed it down yet as to exactly the combo that makes this happen.. but here is how I fixed it.

Set back to FM or NFM, turn SQL off.. then shutdown radio and SmartSDR and restart both, you should then start hearing noise, then you can flip back to SSB and it will continue to work.

Thanks

David
    KK4QOE
  • Dave KD5FX
    Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Nope, I just checked that, switched to FM, turned off the squelch and back to LSB, still no sound in the headphone, sound is working just fine on the powered speakers!

I noticed that as SSDR was coming up there was a very brief bit of sound in the fones and then it was off. It's like something in SSDR is turning it off.

• Dave KD5FX
    Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I just tried a reset of the 6300, that didn't help. I still think it's something in the SSDR software but I can't find it. I've tried muting the headphones from the top right click and that doesn't help. 
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Dave,
    Did you try another pair of headphones to rule out a bad connection in the wiring, plug, elements, etc?  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    SSDR / DAX / CAT/ 6700 -  V 1.10.16
    Win10

• Dave KD5FX
    Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yes, I plugged them in to my ole 850 and they work just fine. I'm hearing just a blip of sound until the SSDR s/w fully boots up. Feels like some setting in SSDR but I can't find it!
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Any chance you have REMOTE enabled?  That will do it.....

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    Win10

• Dave KD5FX
    Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    BOOM! That was it! I'm pretty sure I've had that turned on for months and it didn't bother it before but now it mutes the headphones! Oh well, it's working now! Thanks...

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Great,, glad it turned out to be something easy.   I don't use REMOTE but figured it could be related.  Not sure if it has always been this way or is a new feature.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    Win10

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.