Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panadaptor display reference level issue with Flex 6500 on 12m and 10m

Barry Simpson
Barry Simpson Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am having difficulties with the panadaptor on 12m and 10m. When I use either the 10db or 20db pre-amplifier on 12m and 10m, the line at the bottom of the display disappears below the bottom of the screen. On 15m and below, this does not seem to be an issue as when the pre-amplifier is switched in, the bottom of the display appears to be self levelling. In my other rigs with such displays (eg IC-7851 and P3) there is a manual " Reference Level" control which deals with this issue. However, there appears to be no such manual adjustment with the Flex 6500. Is there an answer to the issue or is it a bug in the software ? I am using the latest version of software but I recall that the situation was the same on the previous Beta version.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Barry Simpson  VK2BJ

Comments

• Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    You mean, like move the mouse over to the DB scale on the right side of the panadapter, click and hold the left mouse button, then move the mouse (arrow) up and down till you see the bottom of the ref. line?

If you are trying something different, pls advise . .

Cheers !

• Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    BARRY The reference level can be adjusted up and down just left click and drag it up or down. Ian
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Can you provide a couple screen shots and markup (Microsoft Snipping Tool) pointing to what you referencing to help understand?

• Barry Simpson
    Barry Simpson Member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks guys for the answer. So simple yet it didn't occur to me.

Problem solved !!

Barry Simpson  VK2BJ
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Just so you don't feel to bad,  I went about 2 months before I realized that my 6500 came with the ATU. I saw it as an option and didn't purchase it.  Lot's to know, as Jerry Reed said "Long way to go and a Short time to get there"  73's

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.