Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Noise Bursts Only on 20m only and when key down on CW - anyone ever seen this?

Ed
Ed Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I recently installed SmartSDR v1.10.16.174 and  have never seen this before then, on 20m only if I hit the key the panadapter display jumps. I set the width to cover thru 30m and see these burst across the display yet when I switch to 30m band everything is fine.

Thank You
Ed K1EDG

imageimage

Answers

• Michael Aust
    Michael Aust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    AGC Issues ?
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Do you have your Display -> Weighted Average turned on?  I had a similar look up and down the band with weighted average turned on.
  • Ed
    Ed Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for your reply, Dudley at Flex found that the "weighted averaging" was on on 20m, turned it off and problem is gone...TU...Ed
  • Ed
    Ed Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for your reply, Dudley at Flex found that the "weighted averaging" was on on 20m, turned it off and problem is gone, you were correct! Thanks 73..Ed...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.