Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Integrate Flex-6500 with fldigi on iMac

Options
Andrew Rose
Andrew Rose Member ✭✭
Currently running my Flex-6500 with Maestro.  For digital modes have installed fldigi on a "Microsoft PC Laptop" and this seems to work quite well.  Recently installed "fldigi for Mac" and this now running, albeit blind, on the iMac 27 inch under "macOS Sierra" but cant see how to integrate it with my flex-6500 running with Maestro?

Is anyone out there up to date on this particular interface and can help?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Easier, and more pleasant than you may expect. Are you using DogParkSDR as your Flex client? There is a tutorial on the dogpark site. You will need a DAX replacement, like Loopback or Sound Siphon, to move audio to and from the rig and applications. Transmitter keying via VOX is probably best using FLDIGI. Good luck and enjoy!
  • K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yup, easy to put together as George mentioned, but it does require several pieces. 

dogparkSDR

MacLoggerDX (optional, but does make PTT easier)

Loopback or Sound Siphon (I prefer loopback, but YMMV)

Fldigi

Once Loopback/Sound Siphon is installed, dpSDR & Fldigi can feed/receive audio via that virtual audio cable. VOX is the best way for that. 

If you use MLDX, it can connect to the Flex as well and you can use that for PTT through the use of an AppleScript program to take the PTT request/release from Fldigi and trigger that using MLDX.  

There are scripts to take your logs from Fldigi and feed it into MLDX; either on demand or automatically after every QSO is saved.  

My setup is dpSDR and MLDX running, with Fldigi triggering a modified script (from DJ7AQ...modified to check and reload every 0.1 seconds rather than every 1 second for more responsive PTT) for PTT. Logs are auto logged from Fldigi to MLDX using the AutoLog script running all of the time on my Mac.  

The extras folder in the MacLoggerDX download has all kinds of scripts and instructions included. 

As George said, "easy and more pleasant". 

• Andrew Rose
    Andrew Rose Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Many thanks for this most useful information.

It looks as if the only way to interface fldigi on an iMac is via ‘dogprkSDR’’.  This is a shame as I really wanted to be able to use the ‘Maestro’ which I prefer to ‘dogparkSDR’, never mind.

Thanks again as ever for your help.

Andrew  G4AUE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.