Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

does not respond

ON5AM
ON5AM Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a big problem with my flex-6300. Everything is normal so it appears right in the left setup and once I want to connect it, nothing happens and I do not answer radio. after a few time a windows comes with : "Unable to connect to the radio. Please power cycle the radio and try again". What can I do now.

Comments

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It can be several things.  The radio, the switch, cables or computer.  It might even be the firewall on the computer if it is turned on.

When this happens, can you ping the radio from the computer?

Mike va3mw
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thank for reply. Can you explain me how to ping my flex, what is the command ? sorry for my inexperience
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    all is perfect but just I put on "connect" nothing happens and the Flex don't openimage
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Here is my ping. It's not good image
  • PA2TA
    PA2TA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Did you try a cold reboot? (power off the flex and disconnect the power for a while)

• ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    No ok, I'm waiting tomorrow morning and I will try. I don't know if I will sleep HI ...
    Thanks for this test

• PA2TA
    PA2TA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    you don't have to wait that long, just 10 seconds will do
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ahh, I trying after 30 min,  but it's the same thing
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    do a hard reset
  • PA2TA
    PA2TA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    That's the next step. From the hardware manual: "FLEX-6300 Reset Procedure
    With the radio powered off, press and hold down the power button for approximately 5
    seconds until the Power LED flashes white, then release the power button. Allow the radio
    to continue booting normally"

• W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited October 2018
    Your Flex has address 169.254.9.85 which is a local non-routable address.  Can you try executing the command 'ipconfig/all' from the command prompt?

It appears to me the most likely issue is that the Flex 6300 is not getting a valid DHCP address.  Do you have a switch in your network that is assigning DHCP addresses?

Bob, W1RE
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Pa2TA, i make it this procedure  and after it don't work .
    Bob I think too that my ip address is not good because the normal address here is 192.168... and I have 169.254...
    How can I change the ip addres for Flex-radio ?
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited February 2017
    How does the rig normally get its IP address? Is it assigned by DHCP? If rebooting (a couple of times) the radio or the ethernet switch/router doesn't work you might want to consider a reset of the radio. Problem is, you won't be able to save the profiles you created before the reset. I'm pretty sure the reset procedure for the 6300 is different than the 6500/6700. Probably in the manual.

If I understand correctly, the radio makes a feeble attempt at grabbing a DHCP address. If it doesn't get one quickly then it assigns itself the 169.254/16 address. Once it does that it will not attempt to get a DHCP address until rebooted.

Kev K4VD
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Maybe it's not fair but I think too that the radio tries to enter a DHCP valid address. And after if it doesn't, itself assign the 169.254... But how change this ?
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited February 2017
    The radio is supposed to request a new IP address when it reboots. If you try rebooting a couple of times and have rebooted your network equipment then the only thing I can think of is a factory reset. The factory reset is kind of a last resort.

If you don't have wireshark and are not familiar with the network's underlying protocols then all you can do is reboot devices.

Kev
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    To solve problem:

It was said by PA2TA
    That's the next step. From the hardware manual: "FLEX-6300 Reset Procedure
    With the radio powered off, press and hold down the power button for approximately 5
    seconds until the Power LED flashes white, then release the power button. Allow the radio
    to continue booting normally"
    Resume: Hard reset

George
    YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ

• PA2TA
    PA2TA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Assuming your Flex is conected to a router/modem, It looks like the router is not responding to dhcp requests. Try resetting your router, wait a minute for the router to restart and reboot the Flex.
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The problem is solved. :-)
     It was a problem of connection and recognition of the IP address and certainly cable.
    Thanks all

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.