Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PowerGeniusXL

13»

Answers

• Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2019

Thank you for all the enthusiasm around the PowerGenius XL! We have now made the reservation available on our online store. Be sure to get your reservation in!

http://cart.flexradio.com/PowerGenius-XL-RESERVATION_p_1005.html

Thank you,
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Matt, what the right way for reservation outside US ?  (local reseller : Radioexpert)
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    We will be working toward reservations through our distributors in the coming weeks. Please stay tuned for more information.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Got it Matt, thank you !
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Be careful not to exceed 60 amps, on any mode, or any band, the MeanWell OEM supply is rated at 48 @ 62.5Amps, the weakest point in a 2K is  Power Supply 

Some have killed the 2K OEM Supply pushing it over 60Amps

73 Mike
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    At legal limit the 2K tends to splatter quite a bit. I've seen them on the bands and almost instantly know when someone is using one at high power levels.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    BTW. I agree that the 2K can splatter 1when pushed. Which is why I run thermal tests on the 3K dummy load With the MonstIR. An 2K at legal limit ERP can be in 10KW Range Interesting that the power genius XL claims 2KW headroom. It would be very interesting to look at IMD. At 2K On the power genius XL
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hey Howard ...I know this is not the topic here, But I need your advise; I bought SPE 1.3K  and I need to request for cables to connect to DDutil, however I have heard that with new SmartSDR version I could connect directly to my flex....I received  this from Dan:

"My FlexRadio interface cable connects to the ACC port for Accessory TX and +5v for Remote On.  Then there is a short jumper over to the ALC port and one for RS-232 for frequency data.  If you have upgraded to the new beta version of SmartSDR, that cable can go to the FlexRadio itself for that data now.  You will need to purchase a FTDI chip set based USB to Serial adapter for that connection.  Works great and a lot easier to setup"

What do you think?

Thanks

George

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    You can buy a cable from Dan, which is perfectly fine and it will work. You should not use ALC. 

However I decided to make my own cable as follows:

9 pin (Radio via FTDI adapter)          to           15 pin (SPE Expert)
    Pin 2 (RXD)     --------------------------------------->  Pin 9 (TXD)
    Pin 3 (TXD)     --------------------------------------->  Pin 1 (RXD)
    Pin 5 (Ground) ------------------------------------->  Pin 4 (Ground)
    Additionally I soldered the drain wire to the shield on both dsub connectors for additional shielding.

And it works perfectly fine. 
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thank you Ria!!

Could you send me a picture from your connection?
    yv5wz@hotmail.com

:)

By the way, I only have USB ports on my PC

Thanks!

73's

George
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

George

Ria already answered you correctly

• Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Will there be a rack mount option?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    No.  You will need to use a rack shelf due to the weight.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    As an FYI the new list price on an Alpha-9500 from the new owners at $7,995.00 plus shipping and options is $1000 more than the PowerGeniusXL.  

Steve 
    K9ZW
  • Osiel Rodriguez
    Osiel Rodriguez Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    it looks Borg... will it assimilate other amps or gear?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2017
    It already assimilated my wallet :-)
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member
    edited February 2017
    I agree, who in their right mind came up with that god awful ugly front design?
    Take a  look at the Acom 600s.   Much more aesthetically pleasing.
  • VE2MBT
    VE2MBT Member
    edited November 2019
    Good point Steve, me, i would not but a other 9500 even for 1000$

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.