Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR v1.10.15 DAX

Russ Miller
Russ Miller Member
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Tonite I installed SSDR v1.10.15 beta ( I am always an early adopter of new versions) This time though I had an issue. My DAX channel selection changed from channel 1 to "none" in the middle of a JT65 qso. Hmmm. I set DAX back to channel one and tried again. I listened to several JT65 cycles without issue but if I answer a CQ the DAX channel selection promptly changes to "none". My setup is SSDR and wsjt-X on a Win7 PC, a F6.5K with one panadapter and only one slice open. No other DAX or CAT connections. I don't recall seeing my DAX selection change unexpectedly, but maybe I am overlooking something obvious. Thanks. Russ (N0HU)

Answers

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Out of curiosity Russ, what is your output set for in the Audio settings of WSJT-X?

I was using WSJT-X much of the day and don't see an issue.

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Russ - I recently had a similar situation with FLDigi.  I'd activate the program and in the SSDR CAT Window, the Process would initially indicate "fldigi" but after a couple of seconds fldigi would disappear and it would be replaced by the word NONE, and of course I'd loose CAT sync.

When I upgraded from v1.9.13 to v1.10.15 the problem immediately cleared itself, although when I shut my PC down that night, Windows(7) did an automatic upgrade and the next morning I was fighting the same CAT problem.  I decided to reload v1.10.15 and the CAT problem went away again.  So far CAT has remained working. (fingers crossed)   
  • Russ Miller
    Russ Miller Member
    edited January 2017
    Kevin, that is what my wsjtx audio settings look like. I appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Is the digital mode program changing bands?  If so that could explain the behavior you are observing if persistence is set for the slice not to have the DAX channel set on that band for that slice.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.