Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR shows no activity on entire band. Close then reopen SmartSDR and activity everywhere

Pat N6PAT
Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I switch from 20 meters to 40 and I see no signals except low level noise. I tune and get a 1:1 but still no activity. I close SmartSDR and reopen and the entire band is jumping with strong signals.

Why is it not showing activity until I close and reopen SmartSDR? This has only happened a few times. I had no other programs open on my computer at the time.

I'm running a Flex 6700 with v1.9.7.169 and windows 8.1

Has this happened to anyone else?

Answers

• David Livingston
    David Livingston Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I have experienced this issue although rarely. I have noticed that if I open additional pan adapters they function correctly while the non functioning adapter is only corrected by closing and restarting SmartSDR.

• Ian GM4KLN
    Ian GM4KLN Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi..noticed same on my 6300 when monitoring 6m MSK144: I see the signal level drop 10 or 20 db on the WSJT-x  v1.7.1 graph display..but a quick toggle of the slice and its back to normal - its as if it goes to sleep. W10 or W7 and v1.10.15.43: ethernet rather than WiFi. 
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Pat,
    I had that problem with the version that you are running (v1.9.7.169.) However, the latest Beta version Beta v1.10.15 solved that problem for me. 
    you may want to try it and hopefully it will do the same for you.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for the feedback. I may wait a while before upgrading to 1.10 until any bugs have been worked out.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Any chance the radio switched antenna ports to an unused port for receive?
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    This is what was happening during the time I used v1.9.169. I would do a cold start and it would come up on the same frequency that I left it before. However, I had a flat line on all the slice that were working prior to turning it off. But if switch band the radio came back to life and it worked okay.
    I tried that several times and I had the same experience as stated above, every time. 
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I've had this happen several times.  I grab the panadapter (not a slice) and move it left and right a couple times and it starts working.  I am running v1.9.13.173.  This has happened to me on previous versions as well.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    No. I checked that

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.