Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Shut down problem with 6300

2»

Comments

• ROGER
    ROGER Member
    edited January 2017
    The only other device connected to the power supply is a small 12 volt relay that keys the amplifier.  I don't think that is the problem as the radio has never shut down when being keyed.  Only shut down in the receive mode.  Thanks very much for your inputs.
  • ROGER
    ROGER Member
    edited January 2017
    Tim:

I do have a small 12 volt relay that triggers the amplifier powered by the same power supply as the radio - nothing else.  I doubt that is the problem as the radio never shuts down when the transmitter is keyed - only shuts down in receive mode.  The radio does not go through a wireless router.  It is connected directly to the computer by the ethernet cable.  However, a wireless router does come into play if I use the computer to open  QRZ.com or check email while operating.  I am wondering if that could have something to do with this problem.  I am going to disconnect the computer from the wireless router as a test.  Since shutdowns are now infrequent it may take quite a while to test this theory.  I am still confused on how a loss in connectivity between the radio and the computer can cause the radio to power off.  Thanks for your inputs.  I'll let you know if I figure anything out.  I suspect others must also run into this problem.

73s

Roger Malek
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Can you scope the power supply output to see if there are any glitches? Perhaps strapping big electrolytics across the output to see if that solves the problem?
  • wb3fsr
    wb3fsr Member
    edited February 2017
    Roger,

You mentioned a relay connected to your primary 13.8 Vdc supply and this got my attention...

Do you have a flyback (snubber) diode across the relay coil? If not, I suspect this may be your cause for radio shutdown.  I have seen delayed issues where equipment running processors have been glitched an ultimately crash  at a later point in time.

Should you not be familiar with this type of protection and the serious damage that could result, please review the following video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6I7Ycbv8B8

73 de PeterV
    WB3FSR Jersey Shore

• Peter Schuhbeck
    Peter Schuhbeck Member ✭✭
    Ist this solved? I have the problem that my 6300 is shut down inside a second. No blinking LED like normal power off procedure. It happen when I use more than 5 Watt TX. When is more than 5 Watt after 3 times TX RX für some seconds Windows is freezing. 6300 is off. PC need some seconds to recognise. I startet a request to Flexradio on Sunday and wait for replay. And I have ordered Ferrit for the cables. It was running with my ACOM 1010 around 500 Watt at loop and with out amplifier with 5 Watt this problem. Is yours now running? 73 Peter DD2MT
  • Peter Schuhbeck
    Peter Schuhbeck Member ✭✭
    I found the problem. Was the power connector at the 6300. A little bit noch inside. 73 Peter DD2MT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.