Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Elecraft Transverters for SAT work with SmartSDR

Options
dlwarnberg
dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have two transverters, both Elecraft both self built.. for those of you that also use the Elecraft transverters where did you align them?  For the XV432 the alignment frequency is 432.5 MHZ which gives it an operating range of 432 MHZ to 436 MHZ.. the VX144 same type scenario, alignment frequency is 144.5 MHZ which provides a operating range of  144 MHZ to 146 MHZ..

So I guess the question is does this Frequency range for each provide the necessary coverage necessary for sat work?  I can say this that for local repeaters it does not cover what I'm looking for so debating on a realignment to use for local repeaters or focus on my SAT setup.

Thanks for the feedback

David

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I have both and use them for satellite work and 2M meteor scatter very effectively. The crystal oven or an external reference (mod required) is highly recommended.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks George.. I have the oven on both as well as the high accuracy LO crystal on the 432.. did you leave yours as is or did you change the alignment frequency?
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Just a little update.. Made my first and 5 additional contacs yesterday working SAT's with my FLEX6500, Elecraft Transverters and new LEO PAC with Yeasu G-450A rotor..

I'M HOOKED
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My 2m unit is modified for a GPSDO. The 70cm version, like yours, has the upgraded crystal and oven. Everything on default frequencies.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.