Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unhandled Error on Shut Down SmartSDR 1.4

Ken - VE5KC
Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
edited July 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Unhandled Error error with SmartSDR v1.4.
------------------------------------------------------------

When trying to shutting down SmartSDR.. received error:  Unhandled Error

"SmartSDR: An unhandled error has occured: 'Sorting is not allowed during an AddNew or EditItem transaction."
------
There was a lot more but Unfortunately, I was not able to copy or print  the error text.

See picture for all I could see on screen., about the error.

SmartSDR kept running and I had to shut it down again

Could this referring to the fact that I had sorted the Memories while adding new ones?

I restarted SmartSDR with no problem and then shut it down, without an error.

73..  Ken - VE5KC

Comments

• Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Same thing happened to me tonight, after the software was running for 4 days.  I always leave the radio running 24/7, and only turn the software on and off on occasion.  I will try it in a few days and see if it errors out again to see if it has something to do with the length of time SmartSDR is running.  As far as adding memories and such, I have been playing with the features constantly to learn what this nect version can do, so I cannot connect any dots to memory or profile storage yet.

Walt
  • Dan Zimmerman
    Dan Zimmerman Member
    edited January 2017
    Very similar problem (twice) while loading log entries on the computer.  Was able to rcover without data loss, but clueless as to why it happened.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this report into our bug tracker for further investigation.  Please report any additional information related to this specific issue in this community topic.
  • Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I'm not sure if this is related, but Smart SDR v1.4 gave me two errors this morning. I was away from the radio when it happened.  Interestingly the radio continued to receive audio and the waterfall continued OK.  But the panoramic display of signal levels was frozen.  I took a screen shot of the first error, then closed it and found a second error.

Here is the second error:

Was also running DX Lab Suite (latest versions).

Restart of Smart SDR restored operation.

Hope this helps.

Could be an interesting WPX contest this weekend!

Gary - W8EEY
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I almost missed this because it was tagged on to an existing post.  To everyone - always create a new topic if you have a crash like this so it does not get lost in the bottom of an existing post.

Gary - I have added this to our bug tracker for additional investigation.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Gary - why type of monitor are you using and what the the screen resolution?
  • Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015

One is an Acer and the other a Samsung (I'm away from the QTH - can get you the models later if needed). Both are set at their highest resolution, 1280 x 1024.

Thanks for your help.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Are they 4k monitors?
  • Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015

I'm not sure what that means

• Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015

Oops. Part of my message was truncated. They are older 4:3 VGA monitors. The Samsung dates from 2001. The Acer a few years later.

Thanks.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Thank you.  

A 4k monitor is a ultra HD display.  This is a description of a 4k monitor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution)
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Any fix for this yet?  I get this error on a regular basis when I shut down SmartSDR.

I can't put a finger on the sequence that causes the error.

Harold

imageimage

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.