Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 1500 do not have 60m band

Many parts of Europe 60m band is now available for amateur radio. Flex 1500 is perfect radio for 60m, because EIRP limit in the band is only 15W. 

I made a request for Flex support to add 60m band for my Flex 1500. Answer I got was surprising: "At this time we do not have a TURF update for PowerSDR to allow for the new 60m band in Finland.  It would take a new version of PowerSDR and I do not have any information on when the software will be released."

Looks like FlexRadio is selling Flex 1500, but do not offer product support for it.

Is there any other ways to open Flex 1500 for 60m band?

Answers

• Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hello OM Pekka,
    Download the latest updated version of PSDR . It makes work on 60m band possible.
    Visit  ke9ns.com/flexpage
    Tom, SP7WT
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The answer is no, the flex is designed so that it cannot be "opened". You need to wait until flex bring out an update OR use another software as suggested.
  • Pekka Heikkilä
    edited January 2017
    Works great in "channel mode". Maybe there is an update also for hole band (5351.5 – 5366.5 kHz available in Finland). Also KE9NS mods are very handy.
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    OM Darrin, KE9NS, actively improves PSDR. Let us hope that his further updates will include wide enough 60m band spectrum which will make all users of Flex radios working on 60m band happy.
    Tom, SP7WT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.