Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 and RTTY/PSK

2»

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Chris. I managed to get two pans & two slices going in SO2R/V type operation. But I couldn't get the second decoder Windows going for the same slice ( to run both mmtty and 2Tone simultaneously for the same slice.) Fumbling with that, and trying to edit S&P messages on the fly while operating, is why I lost you on 20 Meters for a few moments. I finally decided to just go with one decoder each. But didn't run long. My back isn't cooperating today. I spent my B-I-C allottment trying to get things set up! Ha. I certainly won't be putting in a competitive operation this contest. Perhaps I will run some more later tonight or Sunday afternoon. Thanks for the tutorial. Ken - NM9P
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Ken make sure in the DAX for each slice you an set number. Mine for slice A is 1 and slice 2 is 2 then check your DAX control panel to see if it's streaming.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I have done that, But I am having a different problem.  I am able to decode from both slices.  But I cannot get N1MM+ to open up a second, different RTTY decoder on the same slice.

Many of the "Power Users" (which I am not) do this and run two decoders in parallel to take advantage of the different decoding algorithms.  Some decode better in the midst of fading, others in the midst of QRM, etc. By using two decoders, a RTTY op can gain a kind of electronic diversity reception.  

When I try to follow Chris' instructions to load 2Tone as the second detector, I get an error that says that N1MM cannot detect MMTTY....

Tomorrow afternoon I will try again, and start with 2Tone first, and see if I can load MMTTY after that.  Right now, I have other pressing business to prepare for Sunday Morning....

73  Ken - NM9P 
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Well if you want tomorrow I can show you my setup that Chris helped me with via TeamViewer if you would like.

Rory
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Thanks, Rory.  My schedule is pretty crammed for a few days.
    I'll need to get back to you.

Ken - NM9P
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It also has th e best interfacing between Flex 6000, WSJT-x, JTAlert and my logging program Log4OM.   Used to use HRD logbook, but now that there is no compatibility between HRD logbook and JTAlert, some sort of spat between the two SW providers. Go  figure. resulting in change to Log4OM (free) and it works better then HRD Logbook.  Only problem I have had is DB ownership on the computer when trying to integrate FLDigi.   
  • wb7ond
    wb7ond Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If you want a break from FLDigi, check out MultiPSK.  It has decoders other programs do not have.  The GUI is a new exercise in pain, but it can be rewarding when you get used to it.  
    **** wb7ond

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.