Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

iMac

Bill Carnett
Bill Carnett Member ✭✭
Yesterday my PC died, so to speak, so I went back to my iMac with Parallel and Window 7.1 to use my radio.  Worked fine.  I decided that I very much preferred the Apple platform, even if I had to use Parallel and Window.  Specifically I like MacLogger, so I decided to upgrade my Parallel (to latest) and Window 10.  All installed, however it doesn't recoginze my Flexradio now??  It's been a while since I used the iMac for this and seem to remember there is some port I need to open or set up???  Yes, I'm not a computer literate person.  My guess is this is a simple fix but I can't seem to find the correct step to take.  Hope this makes sense to somebody.  Suggestions? (other than asking my 30 year old son to fix it).  Thanks.  73, Bill AH6FC

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Two options - go with a native Mac client (DogPark SDR) or, if you want to use SSDR for Windows, ensure your Parallels VM has access to your LAN - set the network adapter (in Parallels) to "bridged." Both will work quite well. Good luck!
  • Bill Carnett
    Bill Carnett Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, that worked.
    73, Bill
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I'd move back to Windows 7 if you can, or bootcamp it. Windows 10 is an exceptionally interesting Operating System. 
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    As far as I am concerned Windows 10 is the best and fastest Windows that I have used. All of my FRS stuff works great with it.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    From a operational standpoint with SmartSDR, I have had zero issues running Windows 7 or 10 via Parallels on my P7 iMac or my P7 MacBook Pro. Sounds like you did an in-place upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. That has caused problems in the past for those running a pure windows PC and not just for those of us running Windows in a VM. Do a complete un-install and re-install of SmartSDR. Make sure you allow the installer to remove all drivers. Check to make sure you don't have any Virtual Comm Port or DAX Sound cards devices showing in the Device Manager after the uninstall. Allow the reboot between the uninstall and the re-install.
  • Bill Carnett
    Bill Carnett Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you.  All helpful comments.  I do have it back working, but seems a little sluggish (non technical term, hi hi)...some lag in responsiveness when tuning and a little slur in audio.  These were never problems in the past.  Yes, I did an in-place upgrade to 10, which could be some of the issue.
    Thanks again. 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    MacOS is painful with Flex. My main computer at work is an iMac and I can't run SmartSDR on it as I don't run windows on it. DogparkSDR will work but limits you to two slices and the UI isn't laid out in the familiar fashion as SmartSDR for windows. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.