Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

high dpc on IMAC window parallel

elan
elan Member
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
is any expert on IMAC ? i run window parallel  win 7 64 pro however i have high dpc 
i close all services and all what it need to do but still get pick of Red all the way 
is there something on IMAC i need to do ? thank you kind 
happy holiday happy new year to all 
vy 73 elan g0uut

Answers

• Bob Hinkle
    Bob Hinkle Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I tried running Flex with Windows 7 on  Parallels and I ALWAYS had problems. I finally used the Apple Bootcamp program to create a separate hard disk partition then installed WIndows 7 on that. Now when I start the iMac I just use hold down the OPTION key until the iMac boots. The screen offers me my choice of OSX or Windows. Choose the Windows disk option and you have a Windows iMac without all the mess of Virtual Programs. The USB/COM ports work better too.  OR ... try Dogpark Software's  "Dogpark SDR" which runs the Flex radio with its own native OSX program.  YMMV .... Bob   KK8ZZ
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
     Are you referring to the "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" Blue screen of death on the Windows running in Parallels?
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    hello 
    no i do not use watchdog  no blue screen  it just i have some red DPC when testing DPC  SOFTWARE

• Kendra Akin
    Kendra Akin Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi  -

This topic was explored a few years ago. And the bottom line is that only Bootcamp will run PSDR on MAC (and IMAC). I'll let an expert explain why (I am not a MAC user).

And ignore this if this is a Flex 6xxx question.

Ken  AC0HO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.