Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

fldigi changing modes incorrectly

Bill Turner
Bill Turner Member
edited July 2019 in Third-Party Software

Are there any fldigi gurus out there? Running SSDR 1.9.13.173 with a 6300 and latest version of fldigi

I'm having a problem with mode control. Whenever I change operation modes within Olivia such as going from 8-250 to 8-500 fldigi changes the mode of the SSDR to USB instead of leaving it on DIGI-U and therefore does not transmit until I manually change it back.

I have looked at all the fldigi config tabs to see if I have something set wrong but I don't see any solution.

While it does work, it is annoying to have to constantly manually reset the  mode.

All suggestions welcome.

73, Bill W6WRT

Comments

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    The dropdown just below the frequency readout - does it say DIGU? Are you using RigCAT with the proper SmartSDR_Slice[A|B|C|D].xml selected? I believe DIGU is defined in the .xml file.

Are you using fldigi with the fldigi-dxlabs gateway? If so, sheck the gateway setup tab, PSK/etal and set to Data-U.

Once I set DIGU in fldigi then I can jump around to any digital mode or sub-mode and it seems to stay at DIGU for me.

Kev K4VD
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It doesn't transmit? It should still work FB, except you won't get the bottom end of the DIGU settings. I'll check and report back.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hi Bill,

I have not been able to duplicate your problem. Once I have set the DIGU setting in fldigi, it stays there no matter what I do. Are you still having the issue?
  • Bill Turner
    Bill Turner Member
    edited December 2016

Yes, all of the items you mention above are set correctly. Something must be corrupted witing one of those programs. I am going to uninstall and reinstall, starting with the gateway. Thanks for your help.

W6WRT

• Bill Turner
    Bill Turner Member
    edited December 2016

Yes, even with DIGI-U set in both fldigi and gateway, the problem is still there. As I said in another post, I think something is corrupted in one of the programs, so I am going to uninstall and reinstall, starting with the gateway.

73, Bill W6WRT

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bill

Maybe a clue, maybe not, I've had the same issue with the mode being switched to USB, in the past. are you seeing "DIGI-U" listed as a mode in the Fldigi mode list?
    In my Fldigi mode list its spelled "DIGU". When mine was doing this in the past it was spelled "DIGI-U". It ought to be getting the mode spelling from the .xml file. the list in my Fldigi only lists the mode spellings that SmartSDR uses.

By any chance are you using Commander or DXLabs-Fldigi-Gateway? I use the gateway, along with the .xml files, I have the Gateway configured so that Fldigi is selected for rig control, if I select Commander instead then I get the mode switching problem.

On my main Commander window, it's being spelled "DIGU" also. But I've seen it spelled as "Dig-U" when I had the problem. However, in the Gateway I've got the PSK/etal option set to "DIG-U"

I get better results letting Fldigi handle Rig Control in the Gateway.

DIGI-U, DIG, DIG-U, and DIGU all sound similar but, might mean very different things to different radios and Digital apps.

I'm setup with these options below, before giving up. ...

Addendum:
    When I do run into this problem occasionally, It seems to be a sticky problem, Even after reverifying I'm Setup correctly, it will continue to switch modes until I close and restart SmartSDR, Fldigi, DXLabs Suite, and the Gateway. Then It behaves.

If you're not using DXLabs and the Gateway then I apologize for the long post.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.