Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartsdr ios cluster add

WV9L
WV9L Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Can someone help me figure out how to add a cluster location thats closer to me, to help filter out the spotter dx locations? I have tried adding some but i dont see a save button in smartsdr ios. So the settings i put in never save. Thanks!

Answers

• ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Jeromy,

thanks for your post.

Seems there is a small glitch in the App but if you follow these steps, you can add a new Cluster Server:

- Open the DX Cluster Tool
    - Tap on Settings
    - Tap on the Server line (defaults with DX Summit)
    - Tap on the + sign at the top
    - Enter a Title, the IP Address or domain of the Server you like to add and the port

Now comes the glitch: Instead of tapping on the next field, the Type, first tap on Return or the displayed Done button and leave the screen using the back button - this will save the screen and dismiss the keyboard

- Now select the newly created entry by tapping on the list (possibly you need to scroll down) and once selected it receives a check mark
    - You can now continue to change the Type by hitting the edit button

The issue on this screen is, that changing only the type will not causing to save newly created Server entries.

Sorry for this bug. I will fix it with the next version but I think the workaround above will do until then.

Probably I (and others) didn't ran into this because most of the time I am using Standard Skimmer type Servers so I never changes the type and then, everything works as expected.

vy 73,
    Marcus, DL8MRE
  • WV9L
    WV9L Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I got that to work, but cant seem to get any local ones to ever actually connect. Ive tried several across the USA. Id like to use US ones to hopefully help filter out ones that arent spotted by US hams. Anyone have any advice or reccomended clusters?image
  • WV9L
    WV9L Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Heres message i get:image
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    VE7CC works. Good for western USA.
  • WV9L
    WV9L Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Im in IL but its a good start. Thanks for the tip. 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.