Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ATU Receive Only

Bill W2PKY
Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
I like to monitor a range of digital frequencies with the 6700. Have found that activating the ATU on a low band usually de-sensitizes the higher frequencies. This happens even when using two antennas on the 6700. IE 6M slices on a 6M antenna and the HF bands on a HF antenna. If activating the ATU on a HF band the 6M side goes dead. Would like the ATU to be connected in the antenna circuit only when transmitting. I realize this may be a problem for CW and QSK but for all other modes [switching the ATU in and out between transmit and receive] seems possible.

Comments

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That would be a big problem for all modes. between say 80 meters and 20 meters, one will be deaf, while the other is well tuned, at least on my antennas.  The only way you would be able to have your wish is to have an outboard ATU for each antenna you are using. Put one slice to one antenna, and the other slice to antenna 2. 
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Dedicated receive antenna might be just the ticket. Ian
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Off Center-Fed or End-Fed works fairly well.

I had a dipole up for 75/80 meters and went OCF because of  this reason Bill mentions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.