Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Down East 2MLDPA and SmartSDR v1.10

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
I just received my Down East 2MLDPA 2 meter amplifier yesterday.  Since I ordered the "remote option", it looks like I can't use the amp until SmartSDR version 1.10 comes out.  I sure hope it comes soon as it doesn't look like there is any way to manually key the amp without the remote option.  It's a very nice looking amp as it matches the Flex 6000 series.  I hope it doesn't have to collect dust too long!

Burc

Answers

• Rick Lotoczky
    Rick Lotoczky Member
    edited November 2016
    I spoke with Sandra at DEMI and she indicated that Flex was to provide a public beta version of 1.10, but I still have not seen it.  In the interim, apply +VDC to pin #6 to power on and apply +VDC to pin #8 to switch into TX mode (like a PTT signal).

Rick - WC8D
  • George Fenwick
    edited April 2018
    I am waiting also. You can apply 12v to pin 6 to turn it on and 12 v to pin 8 to key it. But I will wait a bit longer for 1.10 . . .
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Did Flex will Relase detail about  that interface ?? 

i think it use FTDI chip and use DSR /CTS signal  for that control 
    but in all case that info may useful for DIY solution , have convert my L144-28 into 2MLDPA when got my 6700..

Marc  VE2OLM
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    ****, well I guess I will just have to wait until 1.10.  
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Yes, we will.  We support genuine FTDI USB to serial and USB to Parallel adapters.  There are several serial flow control parameters (hardware, software and none)
  • Ken Gilcrest
    Ken Gilcrest Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Very good. I also purchased a 2MLDPA and am anxiously awaiting the 1.10.  Thanks for the great work. 
  • Mike Smoot
    Mike Smoot Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Same as above.  My 2MLDPA arrived earlier this week and I'm also hoping for 1.10 to release soon.  Thanks! 
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Mine sure does look nice collecting dust! I guess if I was motivated I could figure out how to manually key it but I'm too lazy and this **** 4 letter word gets in the way (work).
  • Gary AC8NE
    Gary AC8NE Member
    edited March 2017
    Add one more to the list with a 2MLDPA and waiting for 1.10.  I don't want to build temporary cables so I will wait. An estimate of the time would be fine.  Also willing to beta test it if you want.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    "An estimate of the time would be fine."

Soon
  • Mike Smoot
    Mike Smoot Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I built a temporary cable and was able to test my new 2MLDPA for correct power output and preamplifier action.  After a week of waiting, I just needed to prove to myself the amp works as advertised - and mine appears to be fine.  However I'll continue to wait for V1.10 before putting it on the air as my temporary PTT lash-up is far from robust.

Mike - KB1MH
  • Mike Smoot
    Mike Smoot Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    The 2MLDPA sold with Remote Option is factory wired for a positive-going PTT voltage on the accessory connector DE-15(F). One could add a new wire to route the available PTT-L input to any unused pin on the same connector - which could then be used to key the amp by grounding that pin.  Currently, pins 11-14 are unassigned (unwired) on the 2MLDPA 15-pin accessory connector and on the supplied USB-to-DE15(M) remote interface cable. 
  • W0DHB
    W0DHB Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    The 2mLDPA with the remote option is "plug and play" with the 6700 . No need to do any wiring. The remote option turns the amp on if any slice is set to 2m, The amp will be keyed when the 6700 is keyed (assuming there is a 2m TX slice set up.) Through SmartSDR you can also select the use of the internal 2mLDPA RX preamp or an external preamp. With the addition of a DEMI Diplexor switch and 70cm transverter you can easily setup for full duplex satellite use. Dave W0DHB
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Just connected my Down East 2MLDPA.  Is there a manual out for the new v1.10 to get it running?
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I figured it out

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.