Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexVSP must be repaired after each reboot

Rick - W5FCX
Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
Each time I reboot Windows 7, I notice now that Flex CAT no longer auto-starts. When I attempt to manually start it, it hangs for a time then displays an error message indicating FlexVSP must be installed and running.  It is installed but the service refuses to starts and just times out.

To recover, I have to go into Control Panel / Programs and Features, find FlexVSP and choose "Repair", which does indeed repair it.  Then Flex CAT starts up just fine.

What the heck is going on - is this normal?

Rick
W5FCX

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Rick, This is abnormal. Something is corrupt in Windows or FlexVSP. The good news is that when the 1.10 (beta) is released early this week there is a repair feature in the app that "may" fix your issue. You shouldn't have to deal with this but a couple of more days. 73, Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016

I would do a complete uninstall and reinstall of SmartSDR. Sounds like something isn't quite right. It really pays to make an image of your hard drive when everything is working perfectly.

Jim, K6QE

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Sounds like you may have a third-party security application that is preventing the driver service from properly setting its operating properties.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Reinstalled SmartSDR and FlexVSP - same issue.

Checked McAfee Total Protection and Malwarebytes - no sign of them even paying attention to FlexVSP.

I'll just follow the advice of the error message at this point and open a support ticket as this bug is unresolved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.