Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

24 inch monitor with least RF emissions?

Arnie
Arnie Member ✭✭
Mates:
I just realized that a considerable amount of interference from my Dell 24" monitor is being picked up by my 6500 and want to replace it. I have Samsung 24" LED monitor sitting right next to it that does not seem to give off nearly as much RF. 
So...my question is what 24 inch monitors now available give off the least amount of RF interference likely to get back into my 6500?
Tnx es 73 de Arnie W8DU

Answers

• KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I have 2 24" Samsung monitors next to my 6500 and no RF noise issues. Had the same monitors next to my 3000 before, no issues. I'm not doing anything special to ground them, etc. But they work fine.

A friend of mine is running 3 24" Samsung monitors and a big 32"+ Curved VISO monitor with no RF issues with his 6500.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    my cheapie ( black friday $100 specials ) Acer 22's don't make much noise...i probe with a battery powered portable on 160m, and if the rx is more than 2 feet away, there's nothing..

I even repaired one ( replaced the electrolytics ), and was surprised at the amount of shielding present...

JM2C, 73, w5xz
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Dual Dell 27" UHD... quite as mice here.

Try some repositioning of components.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I have dual HP 27" with no problems. 
  • Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I had to ditch an old Nec monitor that was awful with rfi! I have 2 Acer monitors now and they are quiet.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited December 2016
    I meant quiet. Dell model P2715Q.

Sometimes just rerouting cables, plugging into different (or same) outlet, or moving radio and monitor at different angles or away from each other can eliminate noise. It might save a few bucks if your current monitor is still a good monitor other than the RFI.

Other than that, any monitor you buy you will probably be taking a chance. While a monitor may work well in one shack it may not be as successful in another shack.

I'm looking to replace these two 27" 4K monitors with a single 40" 4K if I can find a good one on the market. So far, there's not much choice.

Kev K4VD
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I'm running three Dells in the shack with no RFI whatsoever.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Two Dell 2414H 24" no issues.
  • Brian Hemmis
    Brian Hemmis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I've had great luck with inexpensive Acers- have a 27 and 2-23s. Quiet and RF proof too.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    On my third and fourth BenQ monitors, All have been RF quiet. Been using them since the late 90s
    19", 21", and now Dual 24"s. When I've needed a new monitor I upgrade to the next available size.
    Buy the wife or kids one, put it in the shack upon delivery and if they are quiet I buy one or two for me. If they ever exhibit noise, in testing, I plan to RMA them back in exchange for a different brand/ model. Up to now, the BenQs have all been keepers. 

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thanks to all of you for your insights on this issue. I appreciate the help and now have a good direction to go to solve this problem, I hope!
    73 de Arnie W8DU
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Two Dell UltraSharp 24" with two older Dell 20" with no noticeable RFI.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I use an LG 24 inch and no noise from the monitor. It uses a wall wart supply to power it.
    It may not be the monitor per se but the power source. How is yours powered, internal or external and at what voltage?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.