Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Video Distortion with offest boxes PowerSDR Flex5000

file:///C:/Users/Rock/Documents/Flex5000DistortedVideo.pdf
Link to PDF file for image of my PowerSDR 2.7.2
I have a problem with the graphics on my radio. The boxes for the start, bands, modes are all distorted. I dont know which way to start to determine the problem. Does it need to be sent in for repair?

Comments

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    The picture doesn't show... But from the description it seems a software error. I would completely remove PowerSDR and install it again after a reboot of the computer. After that, if the problem persists I would look at upgrading your video card drivers and test the pc memory.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    You need to drag and drop the image file to your post reply so we can see what you are describing.
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited March 2017
    file:///C:/Users/Rock/Documents/Flex5000DistortedVideo.pdf
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited February 2017
    PC memory if fine. How do i save the settings when i uninstall it? Thanks
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited November 2016
    Please advise if this is working to show this image.
    file:///C:/Users/Rock/Documents/Flex5...
     If this does not show the image, then please, how do i show the picture on this site.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    The file is not an image file, it is a document (PDF). You need to drag and drop an actual image file (jpg, bmp, png, etc..) into your post.
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited November 2016
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited November 2016
    why couldnt you go to the link? didnt work?
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited November 2016
    I have been asking if it didnt work and you didnt answer. DID IT NOT WORK?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Don't worry about settings. What setting do you need to save? Did you setup a transverter or something odd... Otherwise you can easily start from scratch.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Robert your DPI settings on your PC are incorrect for the proper rendering of PowerSDR. See this HelpDesk article https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-...
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118448-How-to-Change-the-Display-DPI-settings-for-PowerSDR

Hopefully this will get you to the Link Tim mentioned...  If not go to the above Help Desk link that Tim gave you, click "take me back to the home page", and scroll down to the listings for PowerSDR and you will find it on the Flex Site.

• Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited November 2016
    I need to contact Flex and get a response from engineers at FLEX?
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks ,I have not been impolite at all. I have politely asked please and thanks and been quite straightforward without any disrespect. How do you consider it impolite? How was i asking for a rush?
    I wanted to know if it worked or not. So, the link i sent works for me. Does it not work on anyone else?
    I have asked for a response only and never told that it didnt work. A person cannot know anyones perspective in text anymore than someone can read someone elses mind. Text is vague at best. I have an ex g/f that only texted me and assumed that i understood her feelings. Text does not show attitude.

Now, I have checked out my pc. Everything on my desktop seems solid. I have not uninstalled the PowerSDR. I dont know how to save the configuration files and keep my settings so it will work again. I had a hard time setting it up for audio and at this time audio only works on the stereo receiver for sound. It was working on the pc speakers.
    Anyway I dont know how to save the setup and uninstall it safely. I love the software and know it is funny about the setup.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Robert, you received an official response from FlexRadio on how to fix your problem from me. See my official reply to this post. You have a DPI issue that needs to be corrected for PowerSDR to render properly.
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited November 2016
    Funny that's the case because it was fine until it suddenly changed on its own.
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited November 2016
    Thank you I will try to uninstall it and let everyone know for future viewers.
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited November 2016
    Clear as a crystal ball now. wow, somehow i should have noticed it myself. I give credit props to somone there who knows where to fix it. Thank you professional experienced Flexmaster, ha. Thank you. It works well. Flex has been a very stable platform. I will be happy to continue to promote and congratulate the makers.

Flex will have my new radio sales in the future.
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks guys. I will be sure to look for the forum and trade experiences. I am interested in Transverter for this system next. Any links help? Thank you Flexmasters.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.