Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Use of BEKO LPD ampflieres with the 6700?

Ed Rod kk4x
Ed Rod kk4x Member
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
any one here in the Group is using a BEKO 2 meter LPD amp with your 6700
and is the 6700 working fine with it. I heard thru the Grape vine that there was not enough output
from a 6700 owner..but it could also be op error

I am looking I am purchasing a BEKO HLV-1250LPD specifications :
* Full output with +4 to + 18.0 dBm (2.5 mW – 65.0 mW),
I just want to make sure that my 6700 will drive this amplifier.. Thank you

Answers

• Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    yes i run 5 beko 2 432 222 1.2 g and 6 meters with 6700

• Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    there a beko you can order that has a lna in the 2 meter like running a tranverter you need to call jerry at ssb he is the man to talk to all my beko but the 6 meter beko are using tranverter 15watts drive on the hlv2000 give me 1500 watts out

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    That is exactly what I was looking for. With LDMOS devices we should not need a go between like the DEMI or Kuhne units for 1kw output, making this a turn key EME solution. I've decided to go the homebrew route though. 

I just need one on 144MHz since my SPE Expert does 6m. 
  • Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    there only one guy i know that has a 6700 with a lpd beko he just got it from jerry at ssb

• Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    i know one guy ed that has the lpd beko for 2 meters he runs 6700 it works  fine
  • Ed Rod kk4x
    Ed Rod kk4x Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks LARRY and RIA for your replies, I too have a line off Bekos amps but are driven by Khune transverters and 1 DEMI for 222mhz,  quite excited on the turn key application with the BEKO LPD and the 6700, and yes it will be tried on EME too.
     Gerry @ SSBUSA is the guy to go to get the BEKOS.  PS May the Community have a Blessed Thanksgiving....

Ed
    kk4x
  • Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    ok ed great yes  to  bad  khune don,t make the 222 tranverter anymore i got a demi there and a ssb on 222 hope to catch you on some tropo or  eme cul
  • Reg
    Reg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I have a Beko HLV-1000LDP 2 meter amp.  4 mW of drive from the FLEX-6700 XVTR output produces 1048W into a dummy load.  Note:  The FLEX-6700 transmits and receives directly on the 2 meter band and a transverter is not required.  I paired the amp with a Beko HPP-144 mast mount preamp that is rated to pass-thru 2,500W.  A separate sequence is not required.  The amp takes care of the sequencing for the mast mounted preamp.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.