Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JT65 split opertions

Ian1
Ian1 Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Questions?

Running WSJT-X v1.6.0 r6263 and JT Alert 2.8.5 on split operations.

Sometimes it runs fine on Split operations and sometimes I get a Rig Control error on transmit.

Does anyone know why we aren't using the Flex 6xxx as the Rig selection yet?

Fake it works fine on mine but Splits causes Rig Transmit issues are others experiencing this?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The Flex 6xxxx entry in Hamlib doesn't work yet. Not a Flex issue. I think you can get away with "none" in the split setup and have it work okay.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    When I run Split on JT65, I don't do it with the VFO, I just split the RX / TX in the application. Much simpler. Mike va3mw
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Split does not work properly and I believe "none" is not a good option. None limits working high and low audio frequencies (note your power drops off a whole lot at the edges).

I use fake it and have been since the beginning. Works great every time and power out is consistent. Also, it seems like it would be less complex (at least visually) than running true split.

Kev

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    thinking... That may be true for some radios, but not the case with my 6500 depending where you set your TX bandwidth. I have very routinely run an audio split. I also depends on how much you want to split. I doubt that any split is more than 4khz, and that should not be an issue for a 6XXXX radio unless I am missing something. Yes, it will, be design, drop off at the edge. How much of a split are you trying to achieve? Isn't that why it is there? Mike
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I to have come to the conclusion that Fake It is the best option.

My spread is not more then 4K and I was just experimenting with the  setting / Radio options on WSJT.-X I've enjoyed Joe Taylors program with JT65, JT9 but most impressed with WSPR.

Ian
  • W0JD
    W0JD Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Running WSJT-X-rc2 v1.70 r2, with a 5k slice and use split none and never had a problem on those couple of occasions where split is needed. Also running the Rig type "FlexRadio 6xxx" to "localhost:5004" PTT type CAT which is setup in CAT on slice A. Often times run two instances of JT and JTAlert across 160m and 60m. And have a CAT TCP for B listening on another port.

Jay

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Jay
    Also running the Rig type "FlexRadio 6xxx" to "localhost:5004"

I'm also running WSJT-X-rc2 v1.70 r2 r7003.

I've so far never managed to get the FlexRadio 6xxx Transceiver option to work.

Can you pass on whatever the secret is?

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Jay

Nevermind. I just tried it again, and now it's working.
    Very Cool!
     SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    George
    It works with WSJT-X-rc2 v1.70 r2 r7003.image

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.