Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using the 6[5,7]00 Internal GPS time for Local NTP server - How hard could it be to programme?

2»

Answers

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    >I am shaming the defensiveness of the users. Engineering thoroughness, and thoughtful answers to specific questions, are not synonymous with defensiveness. Similarly, I have rarely found simplistic answers to questions not asked to be the hallmark of good engineering. Peter K1PGV
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Even if they add an NTP daemon to the radio, your PC will still need to run it's own NTP daemon in order to sync with it. And it still won't make your PC any better than Stratum 2 accuracy. Stratum 2 is plenty accurate, but you can get that same level of accuracy using an internet Stratum 1 time source.  it doesn't sound like your going to gain much. 

It would be nice having a Stratum 1 source available without an internet connection. For mobile, or dxpedition usage it makes sense I guess. 

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• docdailey
    docdailey Member
    edited November 2016
    As long as you want a gps puck with sky view around with your laptop.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.