Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has something changed, or did I stumble on to a bug.?

Jay Nation
Jay Nation Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
In the past, I've been storing custom bandwidth filters in SSDRs memories. ie. RX Filter Low = 0 Hz, RX Filter High = 2000 Hz. When I wanted to use that filter, I just selected it from the memory window. Today whenever I select that memory, it sets the filter to RX Filter Low = 500 Hz, RX Filter High = 2500 (As if I had selected a 2K filter with the DIGU mode 2.0K button. Is this now the intended behavior?

With WSJT-X I have the choice of either JT65 or JT9 individually, or JT65 and JT9 combined.  I use a 4K filter 0 Hz to 4000 Hz when I'm using the combined option. but I use a 2K, 0 Hz to 2000 Hz filter width for either of the single mode options.

I can still save that 0 - 2000 Hz Filter with FRStacks, or DDUtil. But, I had been able to do that with a saved memory too.

The weird part is if I set a 0 - 2000 filter width and then Add it as a new Memory. It gets saved as a 0 - 2000 Hz filter. But when I select that new memory it sets a 500 - 2500 Hz  filter now.

Why?

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

Answers

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm not seeing the same Jay. My saved filters seem to be restored properly including the 0-5000 Hz filter I use for JT65/JT9.

If you export your memories and check it out as a text file maybe you'll find a corrupted line causing the problem?

By the way, you don't run DXLabs Commander, do you?
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I am also seeing my same filter limits that I previously set.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We have an existing defect for this behavior listed in our bug tracker (#3388).  I have added your problem description to the defect details.  Thnaks for the info.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Kevin
    I'm aware of Commander's weirdness with the filters, But what I'm dealing with at the moment is something in SmartSDR. It's repeatable when only SmartSDR is running.
    I'll play around with it some more, Today when I first opened SmartSDR selecting the 0 - 2000 Hz filter worked, the first time I selected it, but it quit working again on the second or third try. It's not really a bother, FRStacks is often easier for me to get to, I've got FRStacks favorites saved for most of the digital band plans. I was really just curious if it was happening to everyone, some, or just me.image

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ok an additional note.

If I set the RX Filter Low to 3 Hz or greater then it will set a 3 - 2000 Hz filter. But RX Filter Low = 0, 1, or 2 Hz filters are setting 500 Hz - 2500 Hz. 

Almost, but not quite as good, image

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.