Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is SWRPlotter still working for your Flex 6K?

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
Hello,

After my antenna analyzer went dead I remembered SWRPlotter, and tried to get it to run.

Even though SmartSDR CAT correctly reads that Slice C/ COM15 has a process called SWRplotter, the program itself has a big red sign at the lower right side stating "CAT Communications Failure!".

This is version 2.0.2 from 8/16/13, which is the version I just found on Ray's website.

Does this still work for everyone, or did some iteration of updates break this nice utility?

Is it worth the trouble to "turn everything off, then on again", and again, and again...?

Answers

• NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'm running SWRPlotter6k, V1.2.1 released 5/13/16 and its working... 
    I think you are running the powerSDR version not the smartSDR one
    -jim

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You're looking at the PowerSDR version. The SmartSDR version is

SWRPlotter6K (v1.2.1 - Released: 05/23/2016)
    http://k9dur.info/smartsdr_utilities.html

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Roy,

You are trying to run SWRPlotter which was written to work with PowerSDR.  It WILL NOT work with the 6000-series of radios.  You need to go to my website (http://k9dur.info) & look under Downloads/SmartSDR Utilities.  There you will find SWRPlotter6k.  That is the version you need.

-- 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

My hand slipped on Ray's slide down menu and I landed on his PowerSDR page by mistake.

I wish there was a nice curated website of the latest versions of all the great utilities available. I am so tired of those generic download sites that all seem to be trying to sell you some nonsensical software to keep your drivers up to date.

Oh well, a Ham can dream <grin>.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.