Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is the small tuning wheel working on SmartSDR for iOS 1.0.7?

Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
I am using SmartSDR for iOS v1.0.7 on an iPhone 5s on iOS v10.0.2.  The small tuning wheel spins with no change in the frequency of the slice.
  • Not locked.
  • Frequency can be changed by moving the flag.
  • Frequency can be changed by the slice keypad input.
  • Is there a setting I am supposed to set or change?
Ted
NX6C

Answers

• ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Ted,

this is strange. Can you please double check your Step setting or set it to another Step rate and check if it is then working.

Thanks
    vy 73,
    Marcus

• Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    edited December 2016
    No  change.
    I tried increasing and then tried decreasing the step size.
    The wheel spins and the frequency stays fixed.

If I 'lock' the slice the wheel stops spinning.
    Then if I 'unlock' the slice the wheel spins.

The frequency of the slice is not changed by the spinning.

I deleted the slice and added a new slice with the same results.

Thanks for attending to this question!

Ted
    NX6C
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    No problem with the tuning wheel here.
  • Mike McWhinnie/GM0DYU
    Mike McWhinnie/GM0DYU Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Same situation here, not working on the demo radio or my 6300 on my iPad, updated to latest versions, tried step size etc., Ticket logged with Flex but no solution thus far.
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Mike,

Can you please tell me which iPad and which iOS Version you are using.

This is a very ugly problem as I can't reproduce it on exactly the same device and exactly the same versions (iOS and App Version) and it seems that the majority of users don't have this problem.

I am currently in contact with Ted in order to narrow down the issue.

Once identified, you will be notified if there is a workaround / solution or update available.

Thanks for your patience.

vy 73,
    Marcus
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    no issue here with small tune wheel
    using iphone 5 with ios 10.0.2 and isossdr v 1.0.7 on flex using ssdr 1.9.9

paul K3SF
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Works fine here also.

Have you deleting the app, restarted your phone, and reinstalled the app yet? 

Mine was doing all sorts of weird stuff before I did that.  Give that a try if you haven't.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    No problems here on my iPhone 6S with latest OS and app.
  • Mike McWhinnie/GM0DYU
    edited October 2016
    Hi Marcus, it is a 4th gen iPad running 10.0.2, apart from the tuning wheel issue all other functions working as expected.
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited October 2016
    Same issue here, Marcus. iPhone 7+ 128 GB running 10.0.2. SSDR running 1.9.13, iOS version is latest 1.0.7. Spinning the tuning wheel doesn't change the frequency. However, if I spin it a little, stop the spin, and then manually touch on the individual notches in the wheel, it will jump by the appropriate step rate. However, this is cumbersome and difficult to do on a small screen. For the moment, actual scrolling for me is broken. 
  • Mike McWhinnie/GM0DYU
    edited October 2016
    Just tried this on my iPad and I get the same result, touching the individual 'bar' on the tuning wheel causes frequency to jump by step size however continuous spin of the wheel does not change frequency.
  • Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    edited March 2017
    This is a follow up on the iOS SmartSDR application tuning wheel.  The most recent v1.0.8  has solved this extremely rare bug.  It may have been a unique problem inside of the iOS operating system.  Marcus DL8MRE has worked on this and the application works extremely well.   This is a great example of FlexRadio's attention to customer support.
    Thank You Marcus and Thank You FlexRadio
    Ted
    NX6C
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited October 2016
    Can confirm for me as well, working as expected on iPhone 7+ and iPad Pro. Also, the TX voice meter issue was resolved. Thanks, Marcus!
  • Mike McWhinnie/GM0DYU
    edited October 2016
    Yep fixed it for me too, great job Marcus/Flex, many thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.