Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Where can I find my saved global profiles on my hard drive?

DrJ
DrJ Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I had to perform a "hard factory reset" of my 6700 due to damage I did trying to install and uninstall a 3rd party software program. (DDUTIL).   My system now works, but I would like to find my saved global, transmit, and mic profiles I know I saved before resetting, but I can't seem to locate them on my C: hard drive.  Any suggestions on finding them?  Maybe if I knew there exact type of file to search for?
Thanks!!! Keith KJ8DO

Answers

• PA2TA
    PA2TA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I'm running Windows 7 and it looks like the profiles are saved in the subdirectory c:usersyournameappdata
    oamingflexradio systems
    Look for files with the extension .settings

PA2TA
  • PA2TA
    PA2TA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Sorry, those are only the programm settings i'm afraid (windows position and so on)... You have to use the export function to get them on your PC, so it looks like the profiles are stored in the FR itself. Having done a factory reset, changes are big that the profiles are gone.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    There is a difference between "saving" your profiles, which saves them to your rig's internal memories, and "exporting" them, which copies them to a file on your computer. If you have never "exported" you profiles (the dialog lets you define where they are put on your computer) but only "saved" them, then unfortunately you will not be able to recover them. It is good and safe practice to regularly go to "profile manager" and export all of your profiles to your computer, and also to copy them to another storage media, such as a Dropbox account, to preserve them for after an upgrade, or computer crash. Ken - NM9P
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ken, you are 100% correct. I just realized this. Luckily I just did this for the first time tonight and is a good thing because of the very recent issue of sdr 1.9.9 not working with Maestro and 6700. So I did export my recently redone global settings and when I had to uninstall and reinstall 1.9.7 in order to use both maestro and 6700 my exported global profile was found. Thanks for the help! Now we just need FRS to get 1.9.9 working with Maestro. Wondered what happened ?
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just a suggestion ... When I shut down LOG4OM it provides an auto backup of the log files.  I save my log files to 2 different locations, one of them being a thumb drive. Likewise, I export all profiles to both locations. The thumb drive allows you to restore in case you suffer a hard drive failure.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My ACLog will allow "auto-save upon close," also.  I send it to my "One Drive" and can access it from other computers, too, if needed.

The only problem is that it makes a new file every time, so I need to go in and purge the folder of old files every so often....

I do the same with my Flex Profiles.  They are saved to a folder on my desktop.  Periodically, I will drag a copy of that folder to "One Drive" for safety.

An old saying I learned..."If you don't have at least two copies of your data in different places...you really don't care about your data!"   I just wish I had always followed that advice!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.