Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.9.13 not available in Maestro

KD4HSO
KD4HSO Member
edited February 2020 in Maestro
I upgraded my PC and 6500 from 1.9.9 to 1.9.13, but I can't do it for Maestro since it's not showing up in "Select a Version".  The Maestro is at 1.9.9.20, and now knowing that 1.9.9 has been pulled due to possible bricking, I want to get this thing updated.  Has 1.9.13 for Maestro been pulled too?

Answers

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Does your Maestro "see" the Internet?  (Probably connected to a router that handles your Internet traffic.) If it doesn't see the Internet, you'll never get update options.

I would try powering down both your transceiver and Maestro, and booting up fresh.  You should see 1.9.13.23 and older versions, but not 1.9.9
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    No, that doesn't work.  There is no download available of any kind in the Maestro. The radio's version is 1.9.13.89 as showing in the "Radio" tab of the "Radio Setup" dialog.  1.9.9.20 remains in the list on the Maestro along with 1.9.7.19, 1.8.4.18 and 1.7.32.15.
  • KD4HSO
    KD4HSO Member
    edited February 2017
    Mine should see the internet. Sounds like the flex server may be down if others are having the same issue, or the update has been pulled. Guess I'm not using it until => 1.9.13 is available.
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    Dennis Daniel KM6DF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am having the same problem the Maestro and the SmartSDR are not compatible to each other. I can no longer use the Maestro.

• Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I've gone back and 1.9.7 is working on both the Maestro and the PC until FRS gets this mess straightened out.
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2016
    I just did the same thing and all is well again! Now, if only band conditions could be fixed that easy!
    james
    WD5GWY

• Jay Adrick
    Jay Adrick Member
    edited October 2016
    I am having the same problem. No upgrade for Maestro. It is running v1.9.9.2 while the 6700 and the PC are running the latest version 1.9.13. Now when I try to connect to the 6700, the Maestro wants to force it load the 1.9.9.2 software.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Me too!  I just powered up the Maestro for the first time since upgrading the 6700 to 1.9.13. The only options are to "upgrade" the radio to 1.9.9.20, 1.9.7.19, 1.8..4.18 or 1.7.32.15. The Maestro is hardwired to the same Gigabit switch that the PC I'm using to type this message is hardwired to.
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I upgraded Maestro + radio first, before upgrading the Windows PC.  All went smoothly.  I wonder if the order makes a difference.  You could try shutting down your PC before trying the Maestro.  Or even do a factory reset on the radio.  Or let Flex sort this out in the morning!  (Submit a trouble report.)
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the suggestions Martin. I did all of those things with no joy. It's up to Flex now. This has been very frustrating and taken more time than it's worth.
  • Phill Beistel
    Phill Beistel Member
    edited December 2016

I get the same reaction. 1.9.9.x shows up on the maestro and always wants to 'downgrade' my 6500 which has 1.9.13.x loaded. I looked in the download section and 1.9.13.x is NOT there. I'm not sure where the Maestro would look but the internet is available. So what's up?

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Please power cycle your Maestro and try again.  Version 1.9.13 should be available.  There was an issue with the software server over the weekend that we addressed this morning.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.