Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Invalid Serial Number

EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Maestro
I have just spent a good chunk of Sunday trying to help my friend EA3AWY with his Maestro.

Jose Antonio bought a Flex 6300 a while back and a Maestro 4 months ago. Both worked great for him which led him to want to upgrade to a 6500.
The 6500 has been a bit of a nightmare. It was defective on delivery, no power output. It was sent to Germany and a month later he got it back. It works fine now.

However, it will not work with the Maestro.
He gets this error:

We tried downgrading to 1.7.32 and still same error.
It doesn't work with v.1.9.9.20 either.
We tried WiFi and Ethernet and direct ethernet to the Flex 6500.

He doesn't have the 6300 to test to connect to it as it was sold.

We can think of 2 possible causes for this.

1. The Maestro is somehow tied to the 6300 serial number and when trying to connect to a radio with a different serial number it won't allow it.

2. The fixes performed in the brand new 6500 when it had to go back to Germany involved changing the motherboard in the radio and there is an issue wit the internal serial number that throws the Maestro off into that error.

Jose Antonio has already opened a Help Desk Ticket, and I am sure Flex will respond, as they always do, and find a solution for him, but we are trying to figure out if someone can come up with a simple solution that he can perform to use the Maestro.

As far as I know, there is not a Factory Reset procedure for the Maestro.
Also, the Flex 6500 works great while accessed with SmartSDR for Windows in the latest available software version.

Any ideas??

Comments

• José Antonio - EA3AWY
    edited October 2016
    Hi friends, im trying to starting my Maestro unit, buy last june 2016 in Mercaham in Cerdanyola town near Barcelona and working very well with my unit Flexradio 6300, but now i change my 6300 for a new unit 6500, from begining just open box, and connecting 6500 in reception works well but not transmit, finally after some testings and tickets i send my unit to Technical Service in Germany.

Now transmission is ok after change some electronic cards  of Flex 6500 in Germany.
    But i try to connect my Maestro unit with Felx 6500 , and always after loading his software, and connecting by WIFI or by LAN with cable, open windows saying next:

Maestro Error Launhing - Invalid Serial
    Error launching Maestro application (invalid serial number : 2016-XXXXX-XXXX-8840
    And down have a button OK, i push OK and screen turns black and no more.

Im tryng to start with diferents versions of software and allways same result, same message invalid serial number!

How i can make reset of my Maestro unit, i feel are in his memory serial number of my las 6300
    and with my new 6500 not match this serial number

I send yesterday and today tickets to Flexradio helpdesk, i hope solve this problem quickly to enjoy
    Maestro + 6500

Anybody have ideas or how can reset Maestro, 73s from Spain

• José Antonio - EA3AWY
    edited October 2016
    Many thanks to Salvador EA4GLI, 8P9EH to help me.
  • José Antonio - EA3AWY
    edited October 2016
    I call this morning to dealer in Spain ( Astroradio) and don´t have any idea about this problem, i am waiting for answer of Flexradio help desk.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Buena suerte José Antonio. Igual nos hace falta una sección del foro en Español! Sería interesante saber cuanta gente tiene Flex y el inglés no es su primer idioma.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Any update José Antonio?
  • José Antonio - EA3AWY
    edited October 2016
    Hi Salvador not yet, i receive just now email from Mr.Dudley he say is not usual problem and are thinking about, i will hope flex technicians solve my problem with my new units of maestro and flex 6500.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Well, that's the thing... It is brand new equipment... And both the 6500 failed you and now the Maestro.
  • José Antonio - EA3AWY
    edited October 2016
    Yes Salvador, are sad but really, i am really sad both new equipments needs go to Technical Service to repair in Germany from Spain and back home again, waiting for enjoy my new Flexradio 6500 with Maestro unit
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That ID number for the Flex, the one the Maestro is reporting looks 1 digit too long.
    Could whatever was done in the EU service with the 6500 messed the internal Serial number, adding an extra digit? That could be what stops the Maestro from connecting.

Does FRS care to chime in?

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It seems that indeed it was the serial number that was wrongly programmed on the 6500 when it was repaired.The second time a brand new 6500 goes for repair since purchased. Hopefully when it returns from Germany it will be free of any more problems. 
    Flex USA advised to send the Maestro in for service which was not the solution, the problem was on the radio and not the maestro.
    Luckily José Antonio didn't follow that advice.
    No other was given here in the forum. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.